As the title says glowforge basic won’t turn on. I’ve got power to the cord checked record in the back It was operating fine a few weeks ago and the last time I used it. Just went to turn it on and fire it up and I got nothing. I got two jobs waiting in the wings that need to get handled. Any help would be appreciated
Check your circuit breaker. Maybe the switch to the outlet is off.
Thanks. But I’ve confirmed it’s got power. The outlets working fine circuit breakers fine I checked all the wires it’s just not turning on at all
Check to see if the power cord is seated all the way in.
Yep. Tried that too. No good.
You will have to wait until support gets in touch with you. I only know the basics and that is the advice I gave.
Support will get in touch with you and something will be done.
I had that problem a few weeks ago with the GF plugged in on the top and the external fan below but could not get the Glowforge to start. I switched them top for bottom and both have worked fine ever since,
I’m so sorry to hear your Glowforge won’t turn on.
Your Glowforge should be plugged directly into a grounded wall outlet that meets local building codes. If you haven’t already, please do the following:
- Unplug your Glowforge from the wall
- Plug another device directly into the same outlet and see if it works
- If the device does not work, have an electrician investigate. It may be a blown fuse, a broken outlet, or something else
- If the outlet works, unplug the other end of the cord from the Glowforge unit itself
- Inspect both ends of the power cord; if you notice any damage, try another power cord
- Plug in the end of the power cord that goes to the Glowforge, making sure it is inserted all the way in
- Plug the other end of the power cord into the outlet, making sure it is inserted all the way in
- If your Glowforge still won’t power on, try another outlet
Let me know what you find!
I did all that before I reached out on this forum. No luck. Please advise.
Thank you for working through the steps that my colleague David sent. I’m so sorry to hear your Glowforge is still not powering on fo you. Unfortunately, this is not a problem we’ll be able to solve remotely, and your unit will need a repair.
I’m sending you a separate email right now with more information on next steps for your unit. You should receive my email in a few minutes, but if you don’t receive it in the next 30 minutes please check your spam / junk mail folder. Once I know you’ve received my email, I’ll close this thread. Thank you.
I haven’t seen that email yet it’s been over 24 hours from your response. Can you please send that again I really need to get this handled.
Hey there @KingslienCreations,
I’m sorry my email didn’t come through. I’ve just resent it to you. Please let me know if you don’t receive it. Thank you!
Hey @KingslienCreations, I see that you received my email. That is great!
I’m going to close this thread and we will continue working with you over email.