Glowforge box for move, Pittsburgh

Hey all -

I bought my glowforge awhile ago and I did not know that I was supposed to watch a video before opening the box. Well it has finally come back to bite me. I am moving to Bellevue at the end of the month and I need to move my machine. Does anyone have a box and all the bits and bobs I can borrow? I am willing to pay to use it too. There are no replacement boxes available in the shop. Please help a gal out.

I’m also a fantastic baker and I am willing to swap services. I can make all your Christmas cookies for you to impress your friends and family this holiday season.

2 Likes

Welcome to the community. You may or may not get any offers to your request, but it might help if you tell people where you are located. I think close proximity would be pretty important.

5 Likes

There are a lot of places named Bellevue around the USA (at least 10) and a few other countries as well.

4 Likes

You got that right! My first thought was Bellevue in Washington state.

5 Likes

How far are you moving? In your personal vehicle or movers?

2 Likes

I am guessing since she wasn’t specific it was the one nearby.

5 Likes

If you’re moving it yourself in your car, you don’t need the box. I used to drag mine all over going to local(ish) makerfaires.

The only thing that I did was lock the gantry so it wasn’t sliding back & forth. Since you don’t have the small knobs that screw into the rails, just get a couple of spring clamps from the big box store and use those on the side rails to keep the gantry from sliding forward. You can do the same to keep the head all the way to the left. Might also take the head off and wrap it in bubble wrap but I try not to take the head off too often to reduce the strain I’m putting on the wiring & connections.

You might want to wrap it in a moving blanket or two just to keep it safe from casual knocking about or having something fall on it while you’re driving.

5 Likes

I am in Pittsburgh, just a few miles from Bellevue. When are you moving?
I have holiday festivites going on today and tomorrow, so appoligies if I don’t get back to you quickly

3 Likes

Yes, since I posted this under the Pittsburgh Tag I meant the one that is local to Pittsburgh. I haven’t posted in the forum before so I was not sure how prominent (or not) that tag would be. Thanks for the replies. I am moving it down two flights and up three flights so I was planning on leaning on my movers for help but I think @jamesdhatch solution is the best option and I will need to find a strong friend to help me carry it.

3 Likes

when I moved a few weeks after BEAMER arrived after the LOOOOONNNNGGGG wait. I put it in the box in our VAN. wasn’t about to let movers move it after waiting so long for it to arrive.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.