Glowforge discount ending & $45M in sales

Nice business news to share. Can’t help but have a sad that I am not one of the hundreds who have printed such awesome things. Some day, some day. It will be the best Christmas ever.

7 Likes

Indeed

Well done crazy

3 Likes

She’s famous, but they completely misspelled “Laser Lady”. As usual, I blame spellcheck.

6 Likes

@dan you have come through yet again with answers to tough questions. We will stand by you, because I am sure you will produce a product that we all can be proud of. I truly believe it will be worth the wait. Don’t give up. :grinning:

3 Likes

I’m really excited for Maker Faire Seattle when we can show off our newest software!

15 Likes

@dan Can you detail the latest features you will be demonstrating?

1 Like

A video demo is on my todo list. In the mean time, you can check out the next talk show @karaelena and friends do for a sneak peek.

9 Likes

Quick! put on your protective eyewear! If you can see the Laser you just might be in trouble ;-). Unless of course you want to be sporting an eye patch.

3 Likes

Oh sweet! What goodies are you guys hiding @karaelena?

Hmm…designer eye patches…another idea to make with the Glowforge. :smile:

7 Likes

Just hope no one needs one of those things. :sunglasses:

6 Likes

You got that right!
Along with the spiffy gifts comes the validation that yes, indeed we made a wise choice to jump in and preorder!

4 Likes

I did have laser eye surgery 4 years ago - so I actually saw the laser! LOL (Best money spent EVER!)

I knew I was blind when after taking off my contacts I mistook my pile of white laundry as my cat Starbucks and almost “pet” it (In my defense, my cat is a big fluffy ragdoll) :flushed:

16 Likes

I also got the laser treatment 4-5 years ago, it’s SO freaking great! Getting up in the morning and not having to insert lenses, it fantastik :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Let me share another embarrassing story! In my “Pre-Laser in my eyes” days, I was in an important meeting when one of my contact lenses fell out (I was fresh out of university and trying to fit in the corporate world - didn’t want to make a big fuss that I had just lost a contact lens…)
I could only see with one eye ball. And I had to wink/squint to see and focus on the numbers on the slideshow…

Anyways, after the presentation my boss asked if I liked the presenter since I kept making passes at him, then proceeded to inform me that he was married. (Was a dig a hole and hide forever moment for me)

11 Likes

That was hilarious!..but I sure understand the embarrassment. I woulda died, too!

2 Likes

Hehehe… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: body language…a lot of what we are saying is not spoken.

2 Likes

Hello staff at Glowforge, Congratulations!! I am glad to hear the news,
however; it is with mixed feelings that it is received. It is wonderful to
know that you all are succeeding in your business efforts but it is very
difficult for me to appreciate it. You see I’ve been waiting since October
2015 to receive a 3D printer that I ordered for my clients. Our money is
spent and still we have no product.

2 Likes

Yeah, we all feel that pain my friend.
We all have a different threshold of patience, and I really don’t know where mine is coming from - it’s not a normal personality characteristic of mine!

While it is unfortunate, I’m sure your clients wouldn’t appreciate a sub-standard product. That’s pretty much the consensus around here, and Glowforge has taken that stand. Bright spot is we are closing in on the expected date for delivery!
My personal view is the innovations embodied in the product are well worth the wait. :tada:

7 Likes

Great to hear about the $45M, Dan. You’re clearly living the dream (the startup dream, which is one of the hardest of all possible dreams to manifest). I admire so much what you’ve done, and very much look forward to sharing the joy in December.

5 Likes