Glowforge discount ending & $45M in sales

It’s a nice milestone to share, but we’ll be a lot happier when you all have your Glowforge units. :slight_smile:

13 Likes

I’m sure the answer is yes, but will the price to upgrade from Basic to Pro be going up significantly at the end of the month for per-orders as well?

I know we can wait till we receive the shipping confirmation to upgrade, but changes in pricing will impact my decision timing.

2 Likes

Major congrats to Dan and the team!! Seriously wishing I was closer to Seattle, the Maker Faire sounds like it’s going to be great!

@SunnyStarbucks What a story! I once lost a contact while playing volleyball and had to take the other one out because the imbalance drove me crazy- I figured it’s a giant multi-colored ball, I can at least still see that!..Well, I could see it- as it landed a foot off from where I’d be, because my depth perception was totally shot :joy: Can’t wait to get laser eye surgery lol

4 Likes

what about winter vaccation in Switzerland for you and your Family? Sking in Switzerland is quite nice or crosscountry sking or snow shooing or or :snowman: - You could squeeze a Glowfrog into your bag too :blush:

2 Likes

Congratulations on your soon/future laser eye surgery! I cannot express how amazing it is and you will feel the difference right away. Before the surgery I had to look at an eye chart (It was a blur to me - it could have been a big sign that told me I won a billion dollars for all I know)
Anyways - right after the surgery - which was literally 30 seconds per eye - I sat up to get off the operation table - my life changed! Ever colour around me was so vibrant and sharp, my eye doctor was not as hot as I thought he was, and I saw EVERYTHING on the eye chart etc…
Only thing was I wish I had gotten the surgery done sooner - but my optometrist told me to wait until I finished all my schooling - so my eyes are stabilized.

All the best!

6 Likes

It was this possibility that impelled me to spring for the upgrade a couple weeks ago. We’ll see!

1 Like

This is great news, @dan! Not the news about the foregone price increase bird coming to roost, of course, but healthy state of the Glowforge ecosystem.

3 Likes

Yes, they will.

Haha well, nothing is set in stone yet, But I do know that if I get the chance to go through with it I am absolutely taking it!! Thanks! (And here’s to hoping my doctor will remain good-looking :wink:)

3 Likes

Speaking of universities ordering Glowforge - will there be educational pricing? I work for a private college, and have made people on my campus aware of your product after I ordered mine - they’re very interested and want to include units in their budgets, but can’t until units ship (if money is put in budgets, it needs to be spent during that cycle, or they lose it).

2 Likes

Looks like the 40% discount is ending very soon. There is a note on the upgrade page saying.

“40% off discount disappears on October 5th”

Anyone thinking of upgrading had better get on it!

3 Likes

Much as I’d like to get the upgrade, I think we’ll hold with the basic.
I’m pretty sure I’m just as excited for my basic as some of you are for your pro models.
Thanks for identifying the deadline.

4 Likes

The sky is falling!! The sky is falling!

3 Likes

I keep trying to convince my self I could do without the Pro model so I can put some money back in my pocket. However I keep experiencing FOMO.

“Go Big or Go Home” as they say? :wink:

3 Likes

I agree, I purchased the pro as well and with the height limitation I often wonder if I really need the pro…but I’ll still need the air filter unit, and the higher wattage/better optics might be nice to have…

3 Likes

Yeah, there’s a part of me that would have liked to upgrade, but considering my use - for my personal indulgence, I had to draw a line there.

On a side note, I would wager the team feels that projected deadline sneaking up on 'em.
This thing they are trying to make happen, will happen only because of a lot of hard work. I salute their effort and wish them every success (in a really big way!)

7 Likes

Every time I considered upgrading to a Pro I looked at the available space I had for the Forge and realized there was no way that I could consistently have access to the pass through. I’d have to move it to a different surface every time I wanted to use the pass through, and I just simply don’t want to deal with that. (The table I have planned for it is not deep enough for me to turn the Forge 90 degrees, and even then the piece would probably start hitting my computer that will be sitting right next to it.)

5 Likes

When is the discount going away? site says October 5th but pricing hasn’t changed.

3 Likes

I’m in the same boat. Even though a basic will do well by me, I usually try to buy the top of the line of anything, which might have included the Glowforge pro model. But, I just flat out don’t’ have the space. I’ll consider myself very lucky to have the width of the Glowforge fit onto the space that I DO have. There’s no way I could accommodate the pass through.

1 Like