Glowforge flaming on every cut

Any idea what is causing this? I just cleaned it thoroughly and now it is flaming up when it didn’t do this previously.
I even backed off on the precision power. I am wasting tons of time and money on materials.
Appreciate the help.

Have you cleaned the air assist fan?

Did you remove the air assist fan and accidentally replace it incorrectly? Perhaps your settings are too high now that you have cleaned your optics. A picture or video showing what material and settings are causing your issue might help in assessing whether or not you have a problem.

I have watched videos on this and it seems like there are many ways that I could screw this up. Very concerned about taking the Glowforge apart to do clean the fan.

I am using 1/4" mahogany plywood. I have been using this for a month now. Same supplier and even the same batch. I always set it at 125 speed and 100 power.

Glowforge support may not weigh in on problems with regard to non Proofgrade materials. I suggest you print the Gift of Good Measure using Proofgrade settings on Proofgrade materials and see if the problem persists. If so, Glowforge can assist you.

It looks intimidating, but it’s actually pretty simple. Remove the tray and place a flat mirror on the floor of the GF for better visibility. I usually take lots of pictures for referencing as well.

I’m so sorry to hear that you’re running into trouble, but I’d be more than happy to assist.

I’ve extracted the log files from your Glowforge to review your most recent prints. Based on the logs, as @ovm.steve pointed out, it appears your Air Assist Fan may not be spinning as fast as it should. This may indicate that it needs to be cleaned.

When you have a moment, could you work through the instructions here for cleaning and removing the Air Assist Fan, and send over a photo similar to the one below, once it has been cleaned?:

Once we can review the photo, we’ll send over the next best steps.

I cleaned the fan. assist fan after cleaning 11 30

2 Likes

Thank you for working through those steps, and cleaning the Air Assist Fan. Now that the fan has been cleaned, are you still noticing the same behavior while printing? Please let us know, and we’ll send over the next best steps.

No, the Glowforge is working much better.
Thank you

1 Like

Thank you for the update. It’s great to hear that your unit is working well now! I’m going to close this thread. If you run into trouble again, or have any questions, please post a new topic here on the forum or email us at support@glowforge.com and we’ll be happy to help.