Glowforge for Dummies Help

Can someone please tell me which material will call up the 3D engrave setting? I swear it was there before, and now I can’t seem to find it.
I have been searching the forum and cannot find the answer to my question and I just don’t have all day to keep looking, if someone could give me the Glowforge for Dummies answer I’d be appreciative.

Happy New Year!

1 Like

It only loads automatically for Acrylics, Hardwoods and Draftboard. (Trying to 3D print on plywoods doesn’t work very well because of the veneers.)

1 Like

That’s what I thought, but it is not showing for any of those materials ugh

You don’t see it when you click on the item to be engraved, and then click the Engrave button up at the top? (With one of those PG materials selected of course, otherwise you have to code the information yourself.) :thinking:

Nope

Are you trying to engrave a vector or a bitmap? I believe it needs to be a bitmap to get the 3D options.

3 Likes

Oh really? Okay lemme try that. Thanks!

Is SVG the same as BMP? AI does not have a bitmap setting to save as, and I’m getting an error if I make one in PS

I’m not an AI user but I believe you want to select the vector and “rasterize” it. An SVG file can contain both vectors and bitmaps (raster images).

3 Likes

Thanks for trying to help me, I can’t seem to figure it out ugh

I got it! Thanks so much have a Sparkling Day! and a very Happy New Year!

5 Likes

I’m glad you resolved it! I’m going to close this thread. If you run into any other trouble, please start a new topic, or email us at support@glowforge.com. We’re here to help!