Glowforge Help lack of support and follow up

Hello,

This is my last resort to try to get an update on my replacement parts and issue. On January 29, I submitted a ticket to the support team for an issue regarding my machine not cutting through on one side (right) of a large print. I received troubleshooting steps that I followed and provided all the necessary pictures, documents, test prints to help resolve my issue. After two weeks of troubleshooting this, I was told that two lenses needed to be replaced on the laser head. The first issue here is that after all the pictures and resolution was provided, I was never told that this would be a cost to me. They stated that they were going to do “me the favor” of not charging me for it. Even though it’s CLEARLY a manufacturer defect. They ordered the part for me, finally on Feb 8, and closed the case. I submitted a follow up email to them on Feb 24, since I had not heard a peep on shipping status and got a generic response stating that they were looking into the issue. I sent a follow email again on Feb 26th asking for an update with no response to this day. When I try to call the support line, it just states there are no agents available to take my call and ends the call complete.

My question is, what can I do to get my issue resolved in the quickest way possible. And if this is the kind of customer service I should expect for a 6K+ machine, should I think of moving to a different machine with a better support system in place?

Support by Glowforge has its weaknesses for sure. Mystifies me that there are so many stories like yours where the communication breaks down. Have you tried the phone option that’s available. Otherwise keep pestering them. And although they don’t offer support through the forum there is a guardian angel who sometimes assists in breaking up logjams of support, right @emilyhuh ?

10 Likes

Thanks @marmak3261 for pinging me and letting me know! Let me see what I can do!

4 Likes

Hi @badworld.digital.des - I’m so sorry about your experience and not getting a response when you emailed and called. Let me send this along to our support team. Do you mind letting me know what name you wrote into our Support team with? I have your email address associated with your forum account but wanted to confirm your name as well to pass this to our Support team and get someone to respond to you. Thank you for your patience!

6 Likes

Sure thing. My name is Barbara Duran.

I appreciate anything you can do to help!
@marmak3261 appreciate you tagging in some support!

1 Like

Just messaged our Support team to see if they can get back to you at their earliest convenience. Thank you for your patience!

2 Likes

Heard back from our Support team and they said that they emailed you back on Monday. If you don’t mind checking your email and spam filter to see if their response is in your inbox, that would be great. Thank you!

5 Likes

They did respond on Monday, however, it was just an acknowledgement that they received my email. There was no follow-up after that. I emailed the new ticket owner back on Tuesday asking for an update and then again on Wednesday, and nothing since that first email on Monday.

I did speak to Support and they are aware of your ticket and will reach back out when they have an update on the timeline of your order. Really appreciate your patience!

1 Like

Not surprising when you see Emily’s last message -

[quote=“emilyhuh, post:9, topic:130952”]
will reach back out when they have an update on the timeline of your order
[/quote]

Support has told the OP exactly when to expect further communications - when they hear an update on their end. What they don’t tell the OP is that it can be weeks before they’ll get an update for parts that are out of stock. But most of us don’t live in that indeterminate world - we’re used to getting answers now and stuff shipped in Amazon-time. So the open-ended commitment Support provided doesn’t address the OP’s normal expectation that they’ll hear soon. Unfortunately, although Amazon has changed the game and reset customer expectations for response time and inspired many other online retailers to do the same, Glowforge isn’t one of those so inspired. A simple change to their ticketing system could auto-generate update emails to customers who are waiting to tell them that they’ve not been forgotten and GF is still waiting for an update from its suppliers. They could set it to generate an email every week a ticket is dormant. Not terribly different from their automated “we got it” emails.

5 Likes

I just went through a problem in"Amazon Time" I am going to have to replace my walls for all the fingernail marks made when I was climbing them. The first step was to explain that I actually existed.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.