Glowforge is just spinning on centering

My system will not go past the centering stage. This is a replacement that I got less then 2 months ago. I have so many orders. Can anyone suggest what I can do. So frustrated!

1 Like

Follow the steps here:

I have done all these steps and still nothing :frowning:

I did all of these too and it isn’t working I am so frustrated!!!

1 Like

Same here!!!

Okay. Posting in this section opens a support ticket, so it’s a good idea to specifically list each step you’ve already tried, since that will save time once they get here to help you. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Posting in this section opens a support ticket. There can only be one customer per ticket, so you should create your own post in order to get help with your problem. Be sure and list everything you’ve already tried, so they won’t have to start you at the beginning. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Just did. Thank you for the help! There seems to be several of these posts today so maybe its a company wide thing?

No, it’s just a very common issue, because there are a number of things that can cause it. Most frequently it’s wifi, because the GF is super picky about its wifi signal, but if you’ve already done the cell phone hotspot test that’s probably ruled out.

1 Like

I have reset up my WIFI, checked each connector as in the steps. I have unplugged the machine and let it sit for 30 mins. Still nothing, made sure the connections did not have a dust build up.

There are other things listed in that link that you need to try, also. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have tried the WIFI hot spot, I literally have my WIFI box next to the machine. I know you are trying to help, I am sorry I am just super frustrated, for many reasons. This is a replacement unit for a machine that caught fire. So I am a little gun shy to try too many things with it. I

Okay, I just thought I might be able to help, as I’ve dealt with this before a number of times. I’ll back off and let you wait for support. :slight_smile:

1 Like

So frustrating when you have orders to fill.

It is extremely sad to spend the amount of money on a GF to not be able to call and speak with a rep to fix problems! I defiantly need to purchase another machine I can say it wont be another GF

If it’s not the black cable, the community probably could have had you back in business by now.

Just sayin’. :wink:

1 Like

I have completed these steps!! DID Nothing!

I agree! Just really frustrated, I am in many FB support group so I searched before I reached out on here.

I had some more ideas, but it’s okay, support will be along soon and can look at your logs without having to annoy you by asking you so many questions.

3 Likes

Though there are several very knowledgeable folks on the Facebook groups, it’s probably wise to come to this official forum resource first, rather than the other way around. There are so many more people here that have been working with Glowforge from the very beginning that are more than willing and able to help you. Facebook is rife with misinformation.

5 Likes