Glowforge is not cutting properly

My glowforge was working fine till yesterday. It is not cutting properly since this morning. have a look in the pictures bellow.

What to do?

Generally the first thing to check is to clean all the windows and lens. Instructions for that are here:

Things that Need Wiping

Yes i tried that but no luck. its doing the same.

What does “not cutting properly” mean? Are those cuts not all the way thru?

It’s cutting in 1 to 3 mm at some intervals, instead of cutting continuously. I tied cleaning all lenses as per cleaning instructions, but didn’t work.

Couple of other people have recently mentioned a similar issue…could I ask a couple of questions? (We are trying to figure out what the issue might be.)

1. How long have you had your machine?
  2. What kind of machine is it? (Basic, Plus, Pro?)
  3. How heavily do you use it?
  4. Is your electrical power supply constant and do a you have a lot of other devices on the same circuit? Have you recently added any other devices to the same circuit?
  5. When the tube is firing, do you still see the little purple-ish flash at the left side?
  6. Did you try rebooting the machine to see if it still happens?

Sorry, I know that’s a lot of questions. :slightly_smiling_face:

I have this machine for 3-4 months.
It is basic machine with external filter

I may have used it for 15-20 times

It is connected to constant power supply, and only glowforge is connected to this circuit. Have not connected any new device to this circuit.

I can see a purple flashing on left as well as in the glass tube, but it is not constant while cutting, it used to do.

I have restarted the machine several time, while I was trying to troubleshoot.

Thank you

Parag

Thank you, that does help to narrow it down a bit.

I’m wondering now if it is a power supply issue (machine) or if the tube might be going out. (Bad tube.)

And I’m sorry there’s no way for me to tell…support might be able to give you some more information by pulling the logs for the machine, which I’m sure they’ll do once they see your post. (Hope it winds up being a simple fix…good luck!)

It may be antidotal but I had this problem recently as well when I was batching score lines on similar wood shapes. It seemed to happen when I used the “Set Focus” and then moved the art a little. If I lined up the art, hit set focus, and just printed, it did not do this.

That does sound unusual… very curious.

I’m sorry your prints aren’t turning out as expected. To help narrow down the source of the trouble, could you please run this test print on the default settings?

• Turn off your Glowforge, then turn it back on
  • We included an extra piece of Proofgrade Draftboard with your materials shipment for troubleshooting. Place Proofgrade Draftboard in the bed and load the Gift of Good Measure design.
  • Set the score and engrave steps to ‘ignore.’ Print the Gift of Good measure using the default settings. Allow the print to finish.
  • When the print finishes, leave the lid closed and wait until the fans stop and the picture of the bed updates.
  • Check the completed print:
    • If the Gift of Good Measure fails to cut, please let us know the date and time of the print
    • If the Gift of Good Measure cuts successfully, please try another print of the design you saw the issue with, and let us know the results.
  • If the issue still occurs, please let us know the date and time of the finished print.

The print failed for Gift of Good measure

Thank you

Parag

I see you emailed us about this and we’re working on it there, so I’m going to close this topic.