I just set up my brand-new glowforge basic and did a few test cut successfully last week. Yesterday, I turned it on and It wont calibrate or do anything. The website says that the printer is offline. I tried everything mentioned on the support page: https://glowforge.com/support/topic/troubleshooting/glowforge-is-offline but it wont work. Things i have tried:
Restart all the hardware (pc, modem, router, glowforge)
Move the router next to glowforge
3 Turn off and removed all electronics equipment nearby
4 Use mobile hotspot 2.4 Ghz. Put the phone on top of the printer.
When using mobile hotspot test, I constantly getting this error message:
_ While trying to setup your Glowforge, it became no longer reachable or responded in an unexpected way. Please make sure you are connected to the Glowforge wifi network and click Restart Setup. If this keeps happening, please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org
I have restarted the setup multiple time using both my mobile hotspot and my 2.4Ghz wifi but it didnt work. I contacted glowforge support but they didnt reply.
I suspected that the recent wifi patch ironically broke the printer wifi connection. Has anyone have similar problem? If so how did you fix it?
Presumably you mean by email. They will have sent an automatic reply, so you should check your spam folder and make sure to add glowforge.com to your whitelist.
Posting here also contacts support, so they will have to find this, verify it’s a duplicate, and close it before they’ll fully respond to your email - so we can give you some other things to try, but when you see a staffer close this post you’ll know they’re responding to your email (and in the future, do one or the other, but not both to get the fastest service).
I emailed them yesterday and got the auto email with a promised of 3 business days time frame. I have a job need to be done yesterday and cant really wait until next week. The last step in that post is mobile hot spot which has failed.
Mine did something similar recently when our Internet provider made some kind of change. Support helped me figure it out. The same thing happened again a few days later, but changing the address on my 2.4GHz wifi network fixed it that time. Seems like it almost always comes back to the wifi, unless it’s the black cable.
Stuff happens. This is not an uncommon issue, it doesn’t matter how new the machine is. Nearly every time, it ends up being a local wifi issue.
The latest update made the machine more tolerant of wifi connection problems, and it was tested and shown to improve certain situations before being released to the general community. The timing of your issue is unfortunate, but not related.