Glowforge keeps being stuck on centering

my glowforge is stuck on centering i have tried putting the laser head under the camera, cleaning the lenses and camera and checking the connections all seems to be fine. I also tried to connect the glowforge to my mobile hotspot to see if it is a wifi issue but the problem remains.

Also tried removing the crumb tray and adding a light non reflective cardboard material in.

Its always stuck on centering and one time on scanning but in never continues.
i last tried just before making this post: 17-12-2020 / 10:55

would really appreciate some help as the other things mentioned in other posts aren’t working

1 Like

Did you clean the top of the head?

1 Like

Same problem. :frowning:

yes I did you can clearly see the glowforge logo on top of the head

Okay, just making sure; I didn’t see it mentioned in your OP, so it could have been an easy fix if you’d missed it. :slight_smile:

yes i forgot to add that i basicly tried everything mentioned on this forum without luck. thanks for the help tho.

1 Like

Since posting here opens a support ticket, it’s always a good idea to specifically list each thing you’ve tried, rather than “everything on the forum,” since there are literally hundreds of thousands of posts on the forum and no way for Support to know which of all those posts you’ve actually had time to read. :slight_smile:

They should be along soon to help you get sorted; good luck!

2 Likes

I’m so sorry about the trouble you’ve been experiencing with your Glowforge, but I’d be more than happy to assist.

I’d like to extract some log files from your unit, but I’m not able to find a Glowforge connected to this email account.

Could you please confirm the serial number of your unit for me?

The serial number can be found on the back of the Glowforge, printed on a sticker near the AC adapter on the right-hand side. It will look something like ABC-123-4.

Once I have this information, I’ll follow up with the next steps.

@sietsenefs, its been a few days since we heard from you, so I wanted to check in. Are you still having trouble with your Glowforge getting stuck centering? If so, can you please send us the serial number of your unit following my colleague Marc’s directions above?

Once we have that information, we’ll be able to review the logs from your unit and follow up with next steps. Thank you!

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.