Glowforge lag

So today my glowforge began to lag. or the software did. when I upload my design, it takes some time to get it to respond on the bed image, I cant move it without extreme lag, resizing takes a century. Ive restarted everything and no help.

Is it a new design? Could be a large file or one many line segments. Posting the file would help.

I’m sorry you ran into trouble. So we can investigate further, could you please share a few details about the issue?

1. Does this occur with every design you upload, or just one?

2. If the issue is limited to one file, please post the file you’re having trouble with.

3. Please do the following:

• Go to https://www.whatismybrowser.com/
  • Click the link underneath “Share my system info with tech support”
  • Copy the highlighted link
  • Reply to this, and paste in the link provided

This will help us understand the circumstances around your error so we can work on it for you.

Thanks in advance!

A design with thousands of nodes will lag your browser like that. It’s not the Glowforge app or service that’s lagging. It takes a good bit of time for me to set up my maps which are complicated files like that. To tell if it’s your design or something else which is the issue, open one of the premade designs available in the catalog, like the Gift of Good Measure.

2 Likes

I dont believe it’s the design. I’ve used it many many many times before and it was all of my designs. However, the problem did seize. I’m pretty sure it was the Glowforge software.

Any time you see a yellow background post that is a response from Support staff. (The one from Vee up above.) That’s the one you need to follow, answer any questions, run any tests they suggest, and respond back to support so that they can finish diagnosing what the issue is.

2 Likes

it was a file that I have been using from day one. As a matter of fact, all of my files were doing this. Not to worry though, now we have a new problem with this sorry machine.

You might want to try following the steps suggested by staff in yellow up above, so they can help you find out what’s happening.

Did anything change with your computing setup and browser? Which one are you using? Sometimes browser updates mess with things.

Trouble with the lid camera is often resolved with replacement of the black lid cable. Since we have already followed up in email about this, I am going to close this thread. If you are still having trouble after installing your replacement cable, please start a new thread or email us at support@glowforge.com