Glowforge Laser Head/Laser Tube CNC Bar out of alignment

Iwas cutting Medium Proofgrade material, I started the machine and went back to my computer and there was a message that said cannot cut material over 0.500 inch thickness my medium proofgrade material is only .110 thick, I went back to my machine and saw that the CNC bar was grossly out of alignment. Has anyone ever had this happen and how did you fix?

Make sure when you place the material on the tray that it does not overlap onto the plastic lips at the sides. (It needs to stay over the metal grid portion of the tray or the wheels can hit it and pop the laser arm off the tracks.)

You can gently pop that laser arm back onto the tracks. Make sure you turn off the machine first.

There are instructions to square up the laser arm that explain how to get the laser arm back on the tracks.

6 Likes

Thank You Jules

1 Like

No prob! :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi Jules, where do I find the instructions to square up the laser arm, thank you.

1 Like

In the link she posted.

1 Like

thank you

Thanks for the answer @Jules, that’s right. I’m going to close this thread - if the problem reoccurs, go ahead and post a new topic. Thanks for letting us know about this!