Glowforge Laser is not Firing

I don’t know what is happening! I have only used the glowforge a handful of times and when I went to cut something today the head was moving, but the laser wasn’t firing. I have the power set to full and I went through and cleaned all of the lenses and mirrors, and still nothing. The lenses are all in good shape. I even unplugged the white cord from the head and plugged it back in and still nothing. HELP PLEASE, I just bought like 150$ worth of supplies :frowning:

Check your design for duplicate lines – they can cancel each other out. The other thing to check is your power setting. Sometimes it gets knocked down to 1, which won’t make a mark.

1 Like

I’m using a design that I’ve already successfully made, so I can’t see how that could be the issue. And I double checked power, I have it up to full power! any other ideas?

If you accidentally copied and pasted something so there’s a duplicate of the design on top of itself, you’d not see it, the machine would go through the motions, but nothing would be engraved. Even if you’re 100% sure that’s not the issue, customer support is going to ask you to rule that out as a possibility by printing the Gift of Good Measure design on Proofgrade material at Proofgrade settings, so you can get a head start by trying that now anyway. Crossing my fingers it’s something that simple!

2 Likes

I can see that you’ve also reached out via email and that our support team has contacted you there. To avoid duplicate communication and expedite your process, I’m going to go ahead and close this topic.