I’m so sorry to hear about the trouble with the laser not appearing. Thanks for letting us know that you checked the lens. Have you also checked the mirror to make sure it is installed correctly?
If you need them, there are instructions here: Wiping the Mirror in the Printer Head
If the optics in the head look as expected, could you please also check the following?
- Turn off your Glowforge.
- Holding only the finished black surfaces, grasp the printer head as shown. Pull gently up and back to disengage the magnets and remove the head.
- There is a small tab in the center of the wire ribbon. Push down fully on the tab to release it, and gently pull the wire ribbon plug from the printer head.
- Take a clear photo of the gold pins inside the printer head where you just unplugged the wire ribbon. It should look like this.
- Pick up the printer head and wire ribbon. Make sure the tab on the wire ribbon is facing up. Slide the ribbon back into the head until it clicks.
- As shown, lower the printer head over the metal plate so that it rests next to the two round posts. Then push it gently away from you – you’ll feel a “click” as magnets pull the printer head until it sits snugly atop the metal plate.
- Turn your Glowforge back on.
- Post the photo of the gold pins from step 4.
If possible, could you also let me know the approximate date and time (with your time zone) that you had the print stop with the purple button?
Thank you for posting this additional information. Please let us know if you find anything out of place.