Glowforge Laser Not Working/Firing

Hi everyone!

I am running into an issue where the laser on my Glowforge stopped firing, partially through a project. I only noticed once the cutting has ended and I came back to a partially cut acrylic. I then started a new project with a new piece of acrylic, just to test to see if the laser is firing, and recorded a video. I have tried:

1. Following the cleaning procedures on the Glowforge website.
  2. Cleaning the glass tube as instructed.
  3. Ensuring that the cables are plugged in all the way and the pins are straight.

At this point, I am unsure what to do. As you can see in the video, normally I can see the lasers firing in the tube, but now there is no activity.

Please advise and thank you!

Welcome to the community. A couple of things could be the cause…
double check your power setting and make sure it didn’t default to ‘1’…which will do nothing. Also, if by chance your design has duplicate layers, they will cancel each other out and nothing will be engraved / cut.
It is not necessary to clean the glass tube at all, except for cosmetic reasons. It’s the optics (lenses, mirrors, etc) that require cleaning.

3 Likes

mine is doing the same as we speak, i will be following this thread

Mine is doing the same thing as well. I’ve tried cleaning / restarting / changing settings and material, nothing. I sent support an email, but it’s Saturday so I’m assuming no one will get back to me until Monday. I have so many orders to fill, very disappointing as I’ve only had the machine for about 6 months. Will follow this thread to see if you find a solution, best of luck!

did anyone have a find a resolution to there machine doing this? i have done all recommended procedures and still not cutting, checked settings, its full power, cleaned lenses, restarted it.

Welcome to the forum.
Is your machine new or old? Are you new to the Glowforge or an experienced user who just joined the forum?

Its 2 years old, I got it in 2020! Never had any issues with it I couldn’t fix till this, so I’m new to forum!

It is doubtful that anyone in the forum can address this issue. Glowforge support does not monitor the forum, so you will need to open a support ticket for assistance.

i have done that, thank you for your response

Did anyone find out a solution to this? My machine is currently doing the same. I’ve emailed and called in. Waiting to hear back.

Not sure what number you called, GF does not offer phone support, only for sales.

Their contact form on the support page is the official way to contact them, and it can take several business days to get a response.

I called the number in the support section on the website.

That is under the Sales section. They don’t make it obvious but no phone support is available.

1 Like

Well that’s terrible. I’ve wasted an entire day :frowning: I sent in my request the correct way. Thanks for your help. I’m hoping this gets fixed quickly

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.