Glowforge Machine

Hi guys,
Everytime I try printing with my glow-forge it keeps saying “centering” or “focusing” but nothing ever happens. After some time I got a little notification saying “head not found”. Any idea on how I can fix this?

First thing to try is power off the machine, wipe the lid camera with a alcohol pad and slowly pull the head over until it is exactly under the lid camera.
Then restart and see what it does.
That head not found is a sticky one, hopefully it is not one of the ribbons and is just being displayed because the head never was seen by the lid.

5 Likes

Ok thank you! I will try that out.
Also my head seems a little loose…it’s leaning forward a little is that normal? If I push the head up a little it moves slightly up and down. The magnets are attached properly however is the head suppose to lean forward a bit from the top?

The printhead should not be leaning forward. Are you certain that the carriage plate is properly on the rails?

4 Likes

Yes, sounds like the carriage plate wheels in the front or back are not riding on the rails or one or more of the 4 wheels have broken.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.