Glowforge making grinding noise and pushing against back of machine

My machine was recentering after a perfectly executed cut, and then it pushed up against the back of the machine making a grinding sound, I pulled it away before turning it off.

Then turned it back on again, its been centering for over an hour and I keep turning it off and on again. and it keeps smashing against the back of the machine and sounds really bad. I don’t know what todo, but I’ve got orders that need fulfilling and I’m panicking a little bit.

Try this, with the machine off gently center the head under the lid camera and turn it on. See if that allows the machine to calibrate itself.

3 Likes

I’m so sorry you ran into calibrating. It looks like your Glowforge is connected and you’ve been able to print since contacting us. That’s great!

Could you please let me know if you’re still experiencing any problems?

If you run into this in the future, the first thing to try is to remove all the material from your bed try again.

1 Like

Thanks! This worked really well! I made sure I cleaned the camera and the top of the print head, and after doing that is centered up right away! Thanks again! That really saved me!

1 Like

Hi @chris.sgouros, I’m glad you resolved it!

I’m going to close this thread. If you run into any other trouble, please start a new topic, or email us at support@glowforge.com. We’re here to help!