Glowforge Map

I see one in Rochester NY ans one in buffalo, I just add mine right between the two, near Batavia NY

Akron Ohio here, so far it looks like there are only 5 or so in all of Ohioā€¦ Anyone else nearby?

I also am ā€œnearā€ my marker. But no other markers within an hours drive.

Whomever is point 325 on the map in Lakeridge, VA- Iā€™m super close! Glowforge party!!

Iā€™m not too far but I am across the border.

1 Like

Really? Interesting. I was alittle surprised that no one else in the WB/LR area was on the map.

Yep! I put my map location at my work address, but Iā€™m down in Woodbridge. Same! I was expecting a lot more people in the Northern Virginia/DC area.

Wow thereā€™s plenty Glowforgers in the L.A. area, but it seems Iā€™m the 1st one in the San Fernando Valleyā€¦
< ValleyAccent > Itā€™s like totally rad! < ValleyAccent >"

Here in Western CT, hope to meet up with other Glowforgers soon!

Where in western CT? Iā€™m in north-central up near the Mass line. But the stateā€™s only like an hour or so across & north/south. Itā€™s not like the big western states that can take all day to get from one side to the other :slight_smile:

I had become curious enough to post and ask who has a GlowForge in the smallest town. But random looking on the map shows a pin in Kodiak, Alaska which has no streets anywhere near it.

Either a lack in the mapping quality of Google up north, or they easily win for most remote :slightly_smiling:

Of course, that highlights the reason my question was flawed to begin with: Who cares who has one in the smallest community? I wonder what the smallest community (real world type) there is which actually has a community (Glowforge type) in it.

Soā€¦ who lives in po-dunk nowhere, and amazingly has a fellow Forger nearby?

As far as I can tell, nearest Glowforge is 100 miles. Town is 2 houses and a 500 sq ft Church. But believe it or not the local phone company was hanging fiber optic cables for High Speed internet to my nearest telephone pole last week.

From my kitchen window. Rock Oak, WV.

5 Likes

Slightly off topic, but wowā€¦what an amazing view you have. Beautiful!

2 Likes

Iā€™m sure there are many better contenders, but the closest I live to another owner is about 50 miles. My community is just over 10,000, so very doubtful Iā€™ll see any more like me here.

West Virginia is gorgeous! Spent a summer at a science camp there in high school.

2 Likes

Agreed. I grew up in rural Kentucky, which shares many of the same features, and Iā€™ve driven through WV a number of times over the years. Itā€™s really underrated.

I may have to put West Virginia on my list of potential future homes. Grew up in Montana, cannot stand the idea of living in flat land. But the rest of my family would love to live somewhere warmer (meanwhile, I would adore living somewhere far colderā€¦ But oh well)

The Chesapeake Bay is a mere 150 miles away. I telecommute most of the time but spend a day or so every two weeks at my office on the beach.

2 Likes

Can I start a petition to ban @rpegg from typing on the forums :stuck_out_tongue: If I win the lottery, Iā€™ll try to GF from the beaches of Aruba though.

1 Like

Hi James, I am in the Danbury area and would love to meet up. Do you have any more info when they will be shipping?