Glowforge Map

I was thinking of setting up a NE Regional GF User Group. We could rotate around for meetings. In the short-term we might want to use office space or local Maker spaces. I’ve got an office in Nashua NH and one in Hartford CT we can use. There’s also a good Makerspace in Hartford. There are a few of us here in NE, not a ton but enough to get a group together I hope. I’ve got a K40 laser cutter in my garage and the Makerspace has a Legacy Laser 450 series 60W laser cutter. Good practice for when we get the GF. I’ll start to put something together after the weekend (have to finish another project first) so we can maybe get a group together in Jan.

Right now we’re all equally in the dark as to when our GFs will arrive - even GF themselves I’d hazard. Until they get a couple of rounds of beta testing behind them I don’t think they’ll be able to predict a really firm ship date.

1 Like

We’re in Saxonville, MA, (north Framingham), about 45 minutes south of you. Looking forward to meeting with the NE folks once machines start showing up…

Emerald coast here

Looks like i’ll be the only Glowforge owner in Malta for a while - which suits me to be honest! I’m moving out there in June to set up my new business and because it’s such a small island I could honestly do without the competition! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wow. Malta looks amazing. If we ever do a huge meetup, let’s do it at your place

I’ve been burned by this in the past.
Work: “Anyone want to volunteer to go to Malta for a couple weeks?”…Malta, New York.

You’d be more than welcome! :smiley:

:smiley: Hah! I’ll be just south of Sicily.

Ok, I make the 6th Glowforge in WI. While I love my state, and cheese, I just can’t bring myself to bear the label of cheesehead… :wink:

1 Like

Go packers, just saying

But you can laser yourself some awesome cheese hats!

I’m down, Gilbert, Arizona

Apparently I’m the southermost Glowforger on earth :smile:

Proud cheesehead here (originally from Oshkosh) :slight_smile:

And living proof that the rest of the world considers Australia and NZ to be “not of this Earth” :smiley:

Glad to see another Kirkwoodian (MO) here!

Maps didn’t load that part of the map when I saw it. So I update my phrase to “one of the southermost” :blush:

How has the flooding affected you? It’s so difficult to see so much devastation. Kirkwood is higher up but close enough to some bad spots.

Thankfully we are well away from the flooding but it has certainly been devastating for many.

Hi James,

I was wondering if we could make a go of getting together in Hartford at some point to play with the laser at the maker space. I am a complete newbie and would love some basic help to see what some of my possibilities are. What is the chance of meeting up soon?
Hope your New Year is rockin so far!