Glowforge Mechanical Problem

I started a board did one design and started my second design on the same board. When the glow forge went to start it started making this really deep noise and stopped. It showed centering, it never did anything as if it was stuck. I turned the machine off turned it back on and went to center and made the same deep rubbing noise, I immediately turned it off. What do I need to do now. It’s not hitting the board and nothing is rubbing when I push the arm back and forth. What do I need to do now?

I have no info off the top of my head but it would be good to record the time and date when you attempted the prints so that the support staff can pull the records from your machine easier.

Just the obvious things to check: with the machine off, can you easily move the carriage forward and back with no “hitches”?, is the honeycomb tray flat without debris on top? no errant bits or pieces on the belt? belts tight?

2 Likes

Just checked all of that and everything is good… iI’m trying to upload u a video but of course the file is to big.

While the machine is turned off, manually move the gantry and head to center the head just below the camera on the lid. Then turn the unit on, it should calibrate normally from there.

No it didn’t work. I have a video but unfortunately its to large to post here. Do you have an email address and I can forward you the video of what its doing. Uploading: glowforge.mp4…

I have a video I can send you of what it’s doing if you have an email address

You can upload videos to YouTube then paste the link here, however there’s not really any need.

If you’ve already made sure there is no debris blocking the gantry, and no tiny bits or scraps getting stuck in the pulleys/belts, and you’ve already manually centered the head under the camera (and assuming you’ve tried cleaning the camera too) then the only thing you can do is wait until Glowforge Support staff reads this thread. They’ll be able to access the error logs and chase down the issue.

1 Like

just so you know, the folks answering you here so far are other users trying to be helpful, not GF staff.

1 Like

If you post a shorter version here in this thread glowforge support staff will be able to help you out. I’m just another glowforge owner like yourself.

I see you already emailed us about this and we’re working on it there, so I’m going to close this topic.