Glowforge members: everyday life, culture, natural beauty

Here are some other cool photos from my phone/Google. Have to find the photos from the nice camera.

Boston Calling Music Festival at Government Center in Downtown Boston
Matt & Kim crowd throwing balloons in the air. Cold, windy, raining, and awesome time.

Massive crowd

Spain Trip
Seville

La Sagrada Familia Magic Square.

Bull Fighting Ring

Cape Cod
Beach

Fresh Caught Sea Bass

Iowa State Fair
Butter Cow (life size cow made from butter)

Butter Monopoly

Food
Kibbeh Nayeh: Arabic Dish, kinda like beef tartar mixed with cracked wheat

First attempt at making cookies from scratch without my wifes help. It did not go well, but still delicious.

Later attempt at cookies. Went better. Still not as good as my wife’s.

Baked Stuffed Lobster: made this when my wife was out of town, she doesn’t like lobster

Another Arabic dish: Mana’eesh made with Za’atar

Misc
Pumpkins

Ice Beard from climbing Mount Kearsarge North in New Hampshire in January (for a Bachelor Party)

Random Kayak-er in Chicago on St. Patricks Day

Goat

Goats

Fake Goat in Barcelona

Signed copy of GoatMan #1 (My friend writes this comic)

13 Likes

Love the wide variety of subjects. Lots of fun things going on. Thank you

Is Hendrix still roller skating the boardwalk playing guitar?

1 Like

It wouldn’t be quite as Venice-y without him!

Is that a lighting/filter effect… or did they color the river green for St Pat’s Day? (Please say it isn’t naturally that color…)

2 Likes

I was privileged to visit Boulder in Jan 2014 on a trip to the Sketchup offices and Trimble in Westminster.
Love Colorado!

2 Likes

Every St Patrick’s day the City of Chicago dyes the river green.

However, if you want to see that color in its natural state all you have to do is fly to Newark and take the monorail to one of the car rental stops. Between the last airport terminal and the car rental stops, look out the starboard side and there will be a small stream/ditch running near a chain link fence that is usually that color.

3 Likes

Ha! I had to laugh at the goats–I had pet goats when I was growing up, and they’re just so goofy and cute.

3 Likes

I was wondering if I would be the only one in the north too heh. Our area seems pretty absent of ‘Maker’ anything. Closest I found was one in Sandpoint ;p

That waterfall is pretty darn cool. But sure seems like a distinct lack of trees down there. I like trees. :wink:

1 Like

I spent my childhood up in a tree somewhere…I commune with them. :sunglasses:

1 Like

When I wasn’t in a tree I was falling out of them … breaking bones.

1 Like

If I weren’t Catholic I’d be a Druid. Darn St. Boniface, he really messed it up cutting that tree down.

2 Likes

I fished the John Day in high school, @Xabbess. Many fond memories there.

Since today’s low tide was extremely low, we explored the tidal flats near Ballard Locks in Seattle.

11 Likes

You should come visit the other Illinois. The Shawnee National Forest and especially the Garden of the Gods. Stunning. I will have to dig out some photos. But I agree the middle isn’t so interesting.

2 Likes

Big fan of southern IL, Ben. Used to take weekend trips with the kids to Garden of the Gods, Cave in Rock, Giant City, etc. It’s so different than the center of the state! Living in the middle of the state has its advantages. A quick shot up to Chicago for urban attractions, and a quick shot south for nature. And we still get all four seasons in the middle! And huge sky sunsets, since there’s nothing in the way!

Starved Rock 1999. My wife nervously herded the kids away from the cliff edges.

11 Likes

Yep. ThIs is basically my back yard. A outdoorsman paradise for sure. I now live right across the river now. But I’m still very close to action. Frequent trips to Nashville keeps balance. Love that photo btw.

1 Like

Here is a shot of my own, standing near a ridiculous cliff with no rails. It was in Australia , it was near Uluru, about 5 years ago. Ignore the beard, it’s shrunk.

9 Likes

My mother has a picture with him from back in the 70s. Then we saw him again about 15 years ago. He must be ancient by now.

1 Like

Kata Tjuta?

1 Like

Mid-60’s, I’d say. I’ve never been down there and not seen him doing his thing.