Glowforge not completing print

So for the last two days the glowforge won’t complete a print. The computer shows its done but the printer locks up and stopS.

It’s just stuck, I’ve reset the device and computer and each time I’m getting the same result. The browser says it’s completed but the glowforge stops in the middle of the cut and is unresponsive.

I’d probably check the connection on the white ribbon cable.

Turn off the machine, unplug the ribbon, take a look at the pins to make sure none is bent, then reinsert it until it clicks and try again.

Another thing to check would be to make sure the head isn’t “bobbling” at any point…watch one of the prints closely to see if you can spot where it’s happening.

(Are you getting a too hot or too cold message? What’s the temperature like where the machine is located?)

1 Like

No too hot or cold message the browser thinks the job is still running but the machine just stops mid cut. It’s about 72° degree in the shop. I’ve cleaned it, checked the ribbon cable etc. it’s still doing it and I’m so confused because it’s been working fine then all of a sudden “boom” this keeps happening.

That’s all I can think of…maybe support will be able to see something from the logs.

Thank you for the suggestions. Any advice is good advice in my book :+1:

2 Likes

I’m sorry you ran into trouble with your unit. Thank you for providing very detailed information, videos and images. Unfortunately, it looks like your unit is experiencing an issue that we can’t resolve remotely. I want you to have a reliable unit, so I’m recommending we replace this one.

I’m closing this thread and I’ll be in touch via email very soon to sort out the details. I’m so sorry about the bad news.