Glowforge not cutting all the way through

I have being experiencing problems with the glowforge cutting all the way through on proof grade materials. I wrote not to long ago abaout the same problem and know that i can finally get back to work on the glowforge and doing everything that was suggested on the other post, nothing is not cutting at all.

You need to follow the instructions they provided, then share your results. Did you take photos as they requested?

Hi @riveracha,

I’m afraid we need a bit more information to narrow it down. Do you know the date and time (including time zone) when this happened so we can investigate for you?

In addition, my colleague Gary had sent instructions in your earlier Forum post. To cut successfully, there are three important things to check. First, your material must lie flat. This requires a clean, properly installed crumb tray and flat materials. Second, there must be no obstructions, dirt, or damage preventing the laser light from reaching your material. Third, your design must be set up properly - for example, with lines that are fully on the material and that are set to cut. It’s hard to know which issue might be affecting your print, but if you follow the instructions in the cut-through troubleshooter 2, we’ll be able to get to the bottom of it.

Once you’ve inspected and cleaned, please try another print. We included an extra piece of Proofgrade Draftboard with your materials shipment for troubleshooting. Please print the Gift of Good Measure on that Proofgrade Draftboard and let me know the result. If it doesn’t print well, please let me know the date and time of your print and send photos of the front and back of the print.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.