So I started my Glowforge up after a week of not using it last week and it cycled once but went offline right after, so I did the normal steps of unplugging everything and waiting a bit before turning back on and nothing so I let it be until now and still nothing. So today I tried the wifi setup again and my Mac found it with no problem with full bars its only about 40ft away from router and about 20ft away from Mac, haven’t had any issues in a long time until just now. I cleaned everything even moved the laser to the center and it just sits there. Anyone else having this issue?

Just to clarify - when you went through the WiFi setup again it found it and registered, but then went back to offline when it was done?

it did absolutly nothing at all once it said I was connected the light was still blue on my glowforge

Try using your phone as a hotspot to eliminate your wifi as the issue. Repeat the wifi setup but select your phone for the machine to use (you can keep your Mac on the regular wifi after setup is complete).

You held the button down until it turned aqua, then went through the entire setup like the first time you connected? When that was finished, did the Glowforge appear online in the interface? If the light stayed blue, you might not have completed the set up.

Nope was still blue and offline

will give it a try

Ok so I did wifi setup again and finished it, I was then stuck on homing so I opened the lid and closed it and then it started doing its thing lol… machines outsmarting humans lol, thanks everyone for the help!

3 Likes

There was an update released a couple days back so it’s possible it got stuck downloading that and resetting it fixed that (the irony being it was a WiFi update!)

Yay for back online!

2 Likes

I’m so sorry to hear that you hit this snag! I appreciate you working through the steps the community supplied.

I’ve extracted the log files from your Glowforge and noticed it is connected and you are printing. Thats great!

As @deirdrebeth mentioned, we did recently release an update that help with Wi-Fi trouble like you experienced. I’ll close this thread for now, but please do not hesitate to reach out to us directly at support@glowforge.com if you run into any trouble. We’re here to help!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.