Glowforge not identified as PRO; could this be why we don't have snapmarks?

1. When our GF got replaced, the new one doesn’t designate that it is a pro (see picture).
  2. Could this be why we don’t have snapmarks…or is it coming any way?
  3. Also just wondering by it not being identified, could that also prevent an update that would allow us to use the pass through when it is configured??? Thank you for your time.

it%20really%20is%20a%20pro

That has nothing to do with Snapmarks beta program.

If it’s not identified as pro, that could make some differences POSSIBLY on full power.

Did your pro get replaced with a pro? You have passthrough slots? The peltier cooler in the back left of the machine by the exhaust?

Support, now that you’ve opened up a ticket, will be able to figure out what’s up with the designation.

2 Likes

I thought maybe it might be related but wasn’t sure.

Yes my Pro got replaced with a pro — yes I have a passthrough slot on the new machine.

Thanks!

It’s my understanding (and I know I’ve read it somewhere in the Snapmarks post), that when you “get Snapmarks” it’s actually the machine that gets it, not your account. So when the machine is replaced, the Snapmarks goes with it. I haven’t followed very many other threads that have lost their Snapmarks to know how many got it back, but I’m sure support will figure something out for you :+1:t4:

1 Like

THIS

Snapmarks are in beta, and they’re assigned to machines based on how accurate the individual machine is (based on the engineer’s looking at the info from when the machine was calibrated). Any machine; Basic, Plus, & Pro can get Snapmarks, but there’s no guarantee any machine will

(I’ve had 2 machines, and no Snapmarks yet :stuck_out_tongue:)

1 Like

had them, then lost them when i got a replacement (mine was broken in a return shipment after being repaired). it is what it is.

Ditto. But I got them on the replacement about 4 or 5 months later so they’re back. If you lose them l hope is not lost :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Was hoping if @dan or another saw that my machine was not listed as a Pro (and it is); that maybe changing that designation might just possibly (???) enable snapmarks (if configured to match their requirements) …

I’m so sorry for the delay. Thank you so much for the details. I’m looking into it now. As soon as I have more information I’ll update this thread.

Thank you @stephen4 – if you need any additional information, please let me know.

Thanks for your patience. Everything should be fixed now. Can you confirm everything looks good on your end?

Hi @stephen4 - it’s definitely fixed now! Thank you so much!

Woohoo! I’m going to close this thread. If you have another question, go ahead and open a new one or email us at support@glowforge.com

1 Like