Glowforge not reading the QR code

Does anyone know why the glowforge is not reading the proofgrade QR code on the materials. I have only made about 20 cuts so I didn’t think anything was in need of cleaning. But when I place the materials that I purchased from Glowforge it doesn’t seem to recognize it. It gives the message that proofgrade material was not found.

When that happens to me, I just click ‘refresh bed image’ over and over until it recognizes it. Usually works within 5 refreshes. If not, something else is up.

1 Like

That happens every once in a while and is not really a big deal. Just select your material from the drop down menu and all will be well.

4 Likes

Is it material you have purchased recently? Is it happening on multiple pieces? Maybe it’s a bad batch of codes? Sometimes the lighting in the room can cause an issue like glare on the QR label.

You can clean the lid camera lens and try rotating your board so that the QR code is in a different location. It really is not a problem if the QR is not read. Simply choose the material from the drop down menu and carry on.

3 Likes

I print with the code face-down, as it messes with cuts/engraves and is a PIA to remove cleanly. It takes 2 seconds to specify the material in the workspace.

1 Like

Thank you for your reply. I will try that.

Yes I did go ahead and selected the material from the drop down list and that works for me. I was just concerned as to why it started not being able to read the code when it had previously.
Thank you for taking the time to respond.

1 Like

No it is the original material that came with the glowforge. It has happened on several different pieces. I’m sure it’s not a big deal as when I choose my material from the drop down list, all is well. Just wondering why it worked previously but not now. Maybe it is a bad batch. Anyway thank you for taking the time to respond.

You are correct it’s not a big deal because as you said when I choose my material from the drop down list I am able to carry on. I actually did try rotating the code from the bottom right corner to the top left corner. It still was not reading it. I cleaned the camera lens and will see if that makes a difference. But again as long as I can choose the material and it works, I guess I’m good. Thank you for responding.

1 Like

I’m glad you resolved it! I’m going to close this thread. If you run into any other trouble, please start a new topic, or email us at support@glowforge.com. We’re here to help!