Glowforge Not Working Help Please!

Working on a project today on my glowforge I got an error in regards to the fan I tried following the instructions however ran into some
Issues trying to reassemble things. Now no longer able to put things back together https://www.dropbox.com/s/8158rcamtephke9/glowforge%20error.MOV?dl=0

Can anyone help me out to get me back up and running need to finish an urgent project

Okay, you’re actually pretty close there I think…if you will be patient, I’m going to take a few pictures of the underside of the carriage plate and point out a few things that might help you to get that reloaded. (I need to prep and load the photos.)

1 Like

First, clean the ash off of the metal plate on the bottom of the machine, or place a mirror underneath the carriage arm so you can see underneath it…it makes it easier to be sure you are hooking the wheels onto the right ledge. Turn off the machine. :slightly_smiling_face:

Next, remove the belt from the pulleys at both ends, you need to get the carriage plate seated before attaching the belt at the ends.

I’m going to show you some shots of the correctly loaded carriage plate from underneath, using a snakecam…it makes it easier to visualize what’s going on.

Put your hand underneath the metal arm…feel underneath about 2 inches back from the front of the metal bar. You will feel another metal ledge extending down. That is the ledge that you will hook the rear wheels of the carriage plate to. (You’re going to get smudgy, don’t worry about it.)

The picture below shows the rear wheels hooked onto that ledge, with the fan extending behind it underneath the tube. But do note how the rear wheels rest on that little lip.

Okay, what you are going to do is hook the rear wheels on that lip, holding the carriage plate as shown below:

Place your index fingers on the back corners of the carriage plate and your thumbs on top of the front wheels.

Reach underneath the laser arm with the assembly held as shown above, then up and hook the wheels on the ridge in back. (Glance into the mirror underneath to make sure you caught it.)

The front wheels are not going to clear the front of the bar at first, that’s okay, just hold it there for a second.

What you then do is gently pull forward until the front wheels clear the front edge of the bar, then up until the wheels are seated evenly on the front rim. There are springs in it and you might need to pull a bit to get it to move forward. When you release it, it should be set level with the front wheels on the rim and it will stay in place.

After you get the carriage plate seated correctly on the laser arm, you can attach the ends of the belts following the instructions shown here:

Let me know if that helps. :slightly_smiling_face:

14 Likes

You are a life saver!! Solved my problem in just seconds with just a few screenshots, the first one was great to see how to get it properly aligned… phew, so relieved now saved me time and a few curse words as i went into panic lol. Thanks again!!

4 Likes

Great! Glad it worked! Happy lasering! :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Honestly @jules, you really are a treasure.

7 Likes

Funny, I was just thinking the same about all of you who take the time to comment on all the new posts. I’ve been slipping into the habit of just dropping Likes sometimes now…but the comments make the forum such a special place! :wink:

6 Likes

I’m not sure you have to remove the belt to reengage the carriage, it came off with the belt on.

1 Like

(Less to try to explain in the pictures.) :wink:

2 Likes

This is true. It is also really hard to get the belts on the pulleys sometimes.

1 Like

You should hook this post to the Matrix

1 Like

Probably doesn’t rate as an actual tutorial, but I do need to probably bookmark it in case someone asks again…thanks for the reminder. (Always forget to do that.) :smile:

@designer I’m glad to hear that you’re back up and printing.

Thank you @Jules for the quick help!

I’m going to go ahead and close this thread, if you have any additional questions feel free to open a new topic or send an email to support@glowforge.com