Glowforge offline and cant get it back on

Using machine all day…no issues.

Then for whatever reason, it stopped responding. Rebooted several times. The print head does not move. The fans whirs for a sec and then nothing.

I have rebooted multiple times (even left it disconnected from the socket for a couple hours at one point). I rebooted my wifi router and gateway. I configured a new guest ssid that is on 2.4. All my other devices connect to it fine and strength is fine.

I put the device into setup, teal light…I am able to connect to the gf wifi and the gf sees the ssid. Will not connect…I know the password is correct…

Any ideas??? This is HORRIBLE TIMING and is literally costing me $$$.

Thanks!!

1 Like

This is typically a wifi problem, or a failed machine.

Try using your phone’s hotspot feature and connecting the GF to that. If that doesn’t cure it, it’s likely the machine will need to be sent in for repair.

Thanks for the response…

Just tried on a hotspot…no luck!! UGH

Waiting to hear back from technical support.

How long does this process normally take?

They generally respond within 1 business day.

I guess it just needed a break…this morning its back online and working.

I would still like the logs reviewed to see what happened and if there is anything that can be done to prevent this again.

1 Like

Same here! I am sitting in my office with an extremely large paper weight that supposedly needs a new black cable that I had to buy, and I did still waiting on shipping information. Costing me a ton of money on a machine that was a re placement and I have only had for 2 months.! Very discouraged as I am sure you are.

1 Like

FYI, posting unrelated information on someone else’s P&S thread can be seen as spamming and may get you flagged.

1 Like

Hello @ricardocid,

I’m glad to hear you’re back up and running now! Thanks for letting us know, and detailing the steps you’d taken to look into the issue.

I extracted some logs from your printer and do see that your printer was having an especially challenging time maintaining a connection compared to normal. With the printer coming back online, this could just be a hiccup, but it’s something we should keep an eye on.

For now I’m going to close this topic since you’re back up and printing, but please let us know if the trouble comes back, either via a new topic or via email at support@glowforge.com

If you do see the issue come back again I’d like to ask if you could also do the following to help us investigate the issue further:

1. Reboot your Glowforge once more and wait about 30 seconds
  2. Hold down the button on your Glowforge for ten seconds, until it glows with a teal color
  3. Your Glowforge is now broadcasting a temporary Wi-Fi access point. Connect your computer to “Glowforge XXX-XXX” (from your Wi-Fi Settings)
  4. Visit the following URL in your browser: http://192.168.192.1:3000/logs/zip
  5. A .zip file should download to your computer
  6. Reconnect to your usual Wi-Fi network and email the .zip file to support@glowforge.com

Thanks!