Glowforge offline when wifi works

Hello! GF has been going offline even when wifi is running for other devices we have connected to it. Power cycled it to get it back online but still continues to go offline. Now the latest attempts to restart have shown for my GF to come back online slower than it usually has. a few times just plain frozen. Cleared cache again and now finally back online. Anyone else been through this?

1 Like
1 Like

The :glowforge: doesn’t require a fast connection at all, but it does require a SOLID one - and that’s something most default systems aren’t designed for these days. Go through the steps outlined in the help doc that @dklgood linked to, if none of that works there are some other things you can do that involve switching out equipment or adding things.

2 Likes

Hi @t.jeffsantos - I’m sorry to hear you’ve run into this trouble with your printer. Please give the link @dklgood shared a try and let me know if you’re still having trouble so we can follow up with some next steps.

For some reason, today only, i have had issues as well. Our TV is also lagging so I know it has to be with our internet.

1 Like

Yeah still issues and the wifi router is sitting right next to the GF. It’s frustrating to have to waste time figuring out how to get the GF connected again with everything else working perfectly fine. It comes back online after multiple restarts of the GF itself. Now it’s stuck on centering.

@t.jeffsantos I’m glad to hear you were able to connect again. I’m sorry to hear you are stuck in centering.

I extracted logs and it looks like you have been able to print are you still having issues with centering?

Hi @t.jeffsantos. It’s been a couple days since David’s response and just wanted to check in to see if your Glowforge was still encountering any trouble getting stuck while centering. Feel free to give us any update and we’ll be happy to help until this is resolved.

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.