Glowforge Plus - no laser issue

After researching the “no laser output” issue, I’m out of options with how to get the unit back up and running - and just in full frustration & pure disappointment mode at this point as I opted for GF over a used Epilogue which feels 20/20 in hindsight.

So I’ve tried all of the suggestions and the unit has not been able to be operational. The unit turns on, calibrates, receives the file, and starts to execute, but the laser shows no signs of activity (-purple light) at varying levels of power. Very disappointed especially as I was relying on the unit for a prototype for this afternoon :disappointed: - pushed the hardware, design, and software front, but fabrication was a big miss with a broken unit.

Anyway, I’m looking for other suggestions to take to fix the unit. I’ve done several projects with the unit without hitch and this was literally the first miss.

Thanks in advance.

Sorry you’re having problems with a brand new unit :frowning: Now that you’ve posted here a ticket has been opened and a staff member will get be able to check your logs to see what’s up in the background.

Luckily, if yours is defective, they’re very quick about sending out replacement units . I received the notice from Fedex that my replacement was arriving prior to even getting the shipping label to send my broken one back…I was an edge case, but still, their customer service/tech support is excellent.

I’m sorry you ran into trouble. Could you please run the following test to help us investigate further?

1. Turn off your Glowforge, then turn it back on
  2. We included an extra piece of Proofgrade Draftboard with your materials shipment for troubleshooting. Place the Proofgrade Draftboard in the center of the bed and cut (ignore the engrave and score portions) the Gift of Good measure using the default settings.
  3. Take a video of the print that shows the printer head as well as the laser tube.
  4. Allow the print to complete. When it does, leave the lid closed and wait until the fans stop and the picture updates
  5. If the issue still occurs, please let us know the date and time of the finished print, and send us the video (if you’d rather not share the video here on the forum, you can email it to us at support@glowforge.com)

Thank you in advance!

Since you’ve followed up with us via email and we’ve decided to continue working on it there, I’m going to close this thread. If you run into any other trouble, please start a new topic. Thanks!