Glowforge power on failure

My Glowforge is not powering on. I have verified the outlet with another tool and swapped out the power cable for a replacement as well. I get no indication that any part of the device is receiving power.

1 Like

Sounds like the power supply, hang tight support should be along shortly…

1 Like

Do you have a machine with a safety interlock near the power button?

No, I do not have a pro version. Thanks!

The safety interlock doesn’t prevent the unit from powering on, it only prevents/cancels jobs.</broken record>

3 Likes

Hi @dennisburke. I’m sorry to hear that your Glowforge is running into some trouble powering on. I ran into some trouble locating your Glowforge’s log files so I reached out through email to help confirm your information. Can you check your inbox and let me know once it is received? I’ll keep this thread open for a couple days to confirm you have received my email. Thank you!

1 Like

@Brandon.B, the only email I have received from GF is the notification of this message.

Oh no! I’ve checked in on the direct email my colleague Brandon provided, and re-sent the email. Could you let us know if you received the email response? If not, we’ll work on reviewing some additional details on the forum post.

I’m sorry, but I am only receiving updates from the forum, not any direct mail. I’ve checked my spam folder and verified that I am using the same address as the last time I communicated with Support (back in 2018).

I’m so sorry to hear you still have not received the email my colleague Brandon sent to you. If your Glowforge is still not powering on, then your unit will likely need a repair. I would like to look up the warranty information for your Glowforge, but I’m having trouble locating your account using your @san.rr.com email address.

Could you please confirm the serial number of your unit for me?

The serial number can be found on the back of the Glowforge, printed on a sticker near the AC adapter on the right-hand side. It will look something like ABC-123-4.

Once I have this information, I’ll find your warranty information and advise on next steps. Thank you!

Ha, ok. That mystery is partially solved! I changed that email address to a gmail version with GF in 2017. The serial number on my device is BDH-664-3. Thanks!

HI @dennisburke. Thank you so much for getting back to us with that added information. To help us with the next steps. Can you email us at support@glowforge with your reference ticket 295708 the in the body of your email. Once received we’ll continue to work with you on resolving this. I’ll leave this thread open for now until we can confirm we have received your email. Thanks!

hi @dennisburke. Thanks for writing to us through email with your reference ticket. We received it now and will follow up with you through email to get this resolved and get you back to printing. Thanks!