Glowforge pro arrived damaged

Just got my glowforge after waiting a month and it arrived broken. Has anyone experienced this? How long does it take to get a replacement. Will I have to wait another month? I can’t afford to sit on 6000.

What a bummer. I”m sorry your machine is damaged. There have been reports of some machines being damaged by the carriers in transit.

Figuring out how long a replacement will take is a guessing game. The availability of replacement units seems to fluctuate constantly.

If you haven’t already, you should open a support ticket directly with Glowforge to get it resolved. They no longer respond to support issues here.

I hope they are able to get you a replacement quickly.

6 Likes

What a buzzkill. :unamused:
Sorry your excitement has been dashed, but welcome to the forum anyway!

Thank you both for the comments. I submitted a ticket. I guess it’s a waiting game now.

While you’re waiting, if you haven’t already, start reading the forum for some fabulous design ideas - and maybe check the tips and tricks section for the software you use. You can also read through the First Prints section. You won’t be able to complete that section until you have a working machine in hand, but it’ll teach you so much about how this particular laser works!

3 Likes

PRACTICE TAKING OFF THE CARRIEGE PLATEE!!!

Your machine likely has to go back anyways…most people wait a long time to get familiar with the standard maintenance. Why not get familiar before it goes back.

I doubt I would be able to resist taping that lid edge together and fire it up while waiting for the new one.

Someone else recently had the same issue and they got approval from GF support to glue it back in place while they waited for a replacement to arrive.

I can’t promise that’s what they’ll approve for you.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.