Glowforge Pro not cutting all the way to edge

I think it’s been getting worse and worse. I’m trying to make a cut all the way up as a straight line and it won’t even come close to the top. Here’s my drawing:

Here are the results:

Why is this happening?

That is normal. The top and left side of the board aren’t usable or visible. They are behind the print head when the board is put in.

1 Like

The Glowforge cannot print behind or to the left of the home position. The maximum cut area is about 10.9" x 19.5". Arrange your artwork from the lower right hand corner.

2 Likes

Cutting area: approx. 11″ (279 mm) deep and 19.5″ (495 mm) wide

1 Like

I always stayed with 10.65 x 19, which allows you to center it without a lot of retries and cussing. Going higher will work, but…

2 Likes

Thanks for the help everyone.

The stock answer is:

Your Glowforge bed can accommodate materials measuring 18 x 20.4”. Your Glowforge has a maximum printable area of approximately 11″ (279 mm) deep and 19.5″ (495 mm) wide, and it’s reduced somewhat when the laser operates at high speed, as it can take space for the laser to decelerate.
This means not all of the bed is displayed, or available to be printed on, so there will always be about an inch of space on the left. This material can be reused as scrap later for small pieces. For example, a lot of customers use small pieces of scrap to print these pins available in the free laser design section: Honeycomb bed holdown pins

I’m going to close this thread - if you have any other questions, go ahead and post a new topic.