Glowforge Pro stuck on Canel

I had something missaligned and just after hitting Print, cancelled. This was within seconds, and I never got the option to even print from my machine yet. It has said cancelling for some time now. I have restarted my machine, wifi, and browser logged out, cleared cookies, held the button with the lid open through teal solid, flashing, blue flashing, and green, held the start button through turning on my computer through purple, and re-set up my glowforge through connecting to it’s wifi on my macbook. I am stuck, and unsure of what else to do, since I have done every suggestion on this topic I could find. Thank you in advance for the help

I’m not sure how to get you unstuck from canceling other than just to wait it out, but holding the button as long as you did performed a factory reset, which deletes any logs that would help support with troubleshooting. It’s best not to do that unless they instruct you to do it.

You’ve opened a support ticket by posting in this section, so they should be along soon to help out!

1 Like

I’m so sorry for the trouble. I extracted the logs from your Glowforge to investigate your report, and I can see that your Glowforge may be having trouble maintaining a stable connection to your Wi-Fi network. It looks like the last time the Glowforge was successfully connected was during your most recent print. It has not come back online since.

If you click “Cancel” from the Glowforge app while a print is running, a request will be sent to our servers to stop the print. However, if your Glowforge loses its connection to your Wi-Fi network at anytime during the print, our servers will not receive that request to Cancel the print until the unit reconnects. If a print does not cancel as soon as you’ve pushed the “Cancel” button, you can stop the print by lifting the lid on your Glowforge. However, you may still see the “Cancelling” message in the Glowforge app until your unit has reconnected to your Wi-Fi network.

The most common solution to Wi-Fi challenges is to restart all the devices involved in connecting to the internet.

1. Turn off the computer, phone, or tablet that you’re using
  2. Turn off your Glowforge
  3. Unplug your modem
  4. Unplug your Wi-Fi access point
  5. Wait one minute, then plug everything back in and turn them back on

If that doesn’t work, we have two more suggestions that often make a big difference:

1. Improve the signal path between your Glowforge and your Wi-Fi access point
    Wi-Fi signals need a clear path. Remove physical barriers, and move devices closer together:
  • Move your Wi-Fi access point up high and make sure it’s in an open space. Avoid locating your Wi-Fi access point on the ground, under a desk, in a cabinet, or in a corner where its signal can be blocked.
  • Relocate your Wi-Fi access point closer to your Glowforge
  • Move your Glowforge closer to your Wi-Fi access point
  • Install a Wi-Fi range extender closer to your Glowforge
  • Run an ethernet cable and install a second Wi-Fi access point next to your Glowforge
  1. Reduce electronic and Wi-Fi interference
    If your unit is near other devices that use Wi-Fi or a large number of electronics, temporarily turn off other electronics and devices in the area.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you’re still having trouble getting reconnected.

I have done all of this, it is only one wall away from the wifi (cannot be closer) and it still says cancelling. Is there anything else I can do?

Thank you for following up with us! We’ve reviewed your log files and discovered the last print appears to be performed June 6th, 2020. Is the Glowforges name “Fern” the one you’re running into trouble with? If not, could you confirm the serial number for me?. The serial number can be found on the back of the Glowforge, printed on a sticker near the AC adapter on the right-hand side. It will look something like ABC-123-4.

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.