Glowforge Pro stuck on centering

My glowforge pro is stuck on centering when i start it up. it doesnt make any movements at all. Ive this issue brought up in many other threads with no solution presented. I really need the solution to this issue. I have tried all other troubleshooting actions.

There are a series of tests you can run while waiting to hear from Support here:

Let them know of any specific results.

1 Like

There are LOTS of possible solutions. WiFi and bad cable are the most frequent, but it can also be as simple as the type of material on the bed. In addition to the link above, there’s also an official troubleshooting guide here:

I’m so sorry to hear that you’ve hit this snag! I’ve extracted the log files from your Glowforge to review your most recent prints.

As @Jules pointed out, this may be trouble related to the black cable on your units lid. Please follow the steps below to check the lid connections:

1. Turn off your unit.

2. Open the lid.

3. Using both hands, gently roll the laser arm to the front of the unit.

4. There are 5 clips pictured below. Check each one to ensure it is closed. The clip should lie flat, and you shouldn’t be able to flip it in any direction.

1. If any of the clips are open, ensure the cable is inserted straight into the clip and close the clip.

2. If any of the cables are misaligned in the clip, take a photo of the clip and cable and send it to me so I can take a look before you proceed. Do not try to adjust or reseat the cable.

3. Close the lid.

4. Turn your unit back on and wait for it to calibrate.

Let me know how it goes!

went through everything with glowforge and new cable is ordered. hopefully it ships soon. will update with result

I’m glad to hear that you’ve been able to work with us via email and the new cable has been ordered. I’m going to close this thread. Once it arrives and is installed please feel free to reach out on the email support ticket to update us with the result.