Glowforge Pro was working now stuck focusing

my glowfordge pro was working today. i have printed several items and did a 2 hour project. I moogrames some coasters and went to do a new project and now its stuck on focusing. Turned off multiple times and restarted and goes into focusing mode with a picture of my last project. Any help would be appreciated! All cables and connections are good and all lenses and inside cleaned.

Try resetting your router.

1 Like

tried that

As you’ve done some projects, are the camera in the lid and the logo on the print head clean? The camera uses that logo to verify where the head is…
Also check the two tiny windows on either side of the lens on the bottom of the head - it needs those in order to focus on your material.
Lastly does the material you’re using have a bunch of holes in it? Sometimes that’ll confuse the laser - or bright lights shining on the bed. Try either nothing on the bed, or a clean sheet of material.

1 Like

Oh no, I’m sorry to hear about the trouble @gaknittig.

I’ve extracted the logs from your Glowforge and looked at the trouble you’ve been experiencing. The issues you’re seeing might be caused by a poor connection with the cables on your lid. Please follow the steps below to check the lid connections:

1. Turn off your unit.

2. Open the lid.

3. Using both hands, gently roll the laser arm to the front of the unit.

4. There are 5 clips pictured below. Check each one to ensure it is closed. The clip should lie flat, and you shouldn’t be able to flip it in any direction.

5. If any of the clips are open, please take a photo and attach it to your reply. Don’t try to adjust or reseat the cable until reaching back out to us.

Let us know how it goes!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.