Glowforge Pro won’t power on

I went to my shop this morning to process a couple orders I needed to fill. The first one went great. Went to start the second piece, closed the lid, and the machine powered off and will not turn back on. I’ve checked everything I can think of. Power cable. The little screw thing in the back. Outlet, etc. I’ve only had it since February and I’m not sure what to do. I did reach out to the support email but I have yet to hear back and was wondering if there was anything else y’all could think of to check. I still have orders waiting to fill and I’m starting to freak out a little. Thanks!

If you’re certain the outlet has power (i.e. plugged something else in), the only other thing to try is a replacement power cord - it’s a standard electronic appliance cord, like from a desktop computer.

If that doesn’t fix it, the machine will likely need to be sent in for repairs.

Thank you. I tried using another cord and it did not fix it unfortunately. :tired_face: guess I’ll wait and see if support can help.

Same thing happened to me last week. They are sending me a new one but they have not sent it out yet. I have orders so backed up, not sure what I’m goi g to do. Hopefully you can get this resolved without having to go my route.

Oh my Lord! I keep seeing other people posting with the same issue! What in the world is going on? And, why would it take so long to get you new one? I’m not trying to be super dramatic or anything here but the work I do on this machine is how I support my family.

They don’t have a warehouse of machines sitting around waiting to be shipped. They are constantly being assembled as fast as they can to meet orders and sent out as they go. Any replacements get slotted into the queue. How long it takes will depend on how many are ahead and which model you have. As stated in the latest announcement, they sold more in August than in any previous month.

2 Likes

Hello @mah08485, I see you also emailed us about this and we’ve responded to you there, so I’m going to close this topic.