Glowforge Replacement Filter - How do I determine the TOP Air Inlet Side?

I have received a replacement Glowforge Filter Cartridge but there is no indication of the airflow direction or which is the TOP Air Inlet Side of the Replacement Filter. Is there a TOP Inlet Side or can the filter be installed with either opening as the Air Inlet???

You should use HEPA filters as the top because if you put Carbon filter on top it would get full first and won’t let any air through. So basically fumes go through HEPA and after CARBON filter cleans any odor smell.

2 Likes

Also when the filter is full you can remove first layer of HEPA filter and use second HEPA layer for some time. But you have to cut a metal frame

1 Like

Thank you for reaching out about this. It looks like @Brooklyn_pro shared some helpful images on this topic already. Thank you Brooklyn_pro!

They’re correct that the top side of the cartridge, which you should be able to see when you open the lid of the filter unit, is the side where you can see white pleats through the grille that look like accordion-folded paper. Did this information help you to install you new cartridge?

1 Like

My name is Mercedes and I’m part of the Technical team here at Glowforge. It looks like we found a solution for this thanks to all the great people on the forums!

I’m going to go ahead and close this forum post now. If you have any other questions or need help with anything else feel free to send a message our way by either creating an email ticket or a new forum post!