Glowforge says "no internet access"

This is the second time this has happened… no printing for the last 3 days. Can someone tell me what in the world is going on. I have wifi called the company and they assure me I have more than enough to run the glowforge - it continually tells me the glowforge has no internet open and will not connect… help

Most times the issue is not the connection or bandwidth to the machine but the ability of the machine to talk back to the router. Have you tried using your phone as a mobile hotspot and setting it on the machine and connecting to it? It will help diagnose if you have an issue like i mentioned by hopefully eliminating any issues caused by a poor connection from the machine back to the source.

Are you seeing the “offline” message? When you say no internet open, it makes me think you are doing the setup rather than just turning the Glowforge on.

1 Like

Glowforge is on, I go to setup and and to glowforge on my computer to connect to wifi… It will sometimes hoes as far as the “huzza” your connected but when I pick my wifi which comes next, it says can’t connect start again.
Make sense?

You only have to setup wifi one time, so in the future you shouldn’t have to do this. As for the connect to your own wifi step, I don’t know what is happening at that step. Try resetting your router. Try this: Turn off your router and your Glowforge. Sign out of the Glowforge app and power off your computer. Wait a couple of minutes. Power on your router and wait for it to full boot. Turn on your Glowforge and wait until it has gone through the start up steps. Reboot your computer and then go to the app.Glowforge.com

1 Like

May not have anything to do with it, but right now Cogent is in the middle of a MASSIVE outage causing lots of issues across the board. Facebook and Instagram for instance are down hard.

Edit: As I say this, facebook comes back up (likely as BGP routes start propagating).

Hi @lbg762. I’m sorry to hear that you’ve been running into some trouble with your Glowforge’s connection to your Wi-Fi network. I see that you’ve been getting some great starting points from other users to help address this, and I’ll be happy to join the discussion and get you back up and printing.

@dklgood gave some great advice about trying to power cycle (powering on and off) your router, Glowforge and computer. I’ve included some steps below to help with this process:

1. Power Up: Turn your Glowforge off. Then turn on your Glowforge and wait about 30 seconds.
  2. Start Wi-Fi Setup: Hold down the button on your Glowforge for ten seconds, until it glows with a teal color.
  3. Sign In: Using a Wi-Fi device like your laptop or tablet, go to setup.glowforge.com and sign in.
  4. Connect Your Glowforge to Wi-Fi: Follow the instructions at setup.glowforge.com to connect your Glowforge to Wi-Fi. If you run into trouble along the way, let us know what happened right before the issue arose.

It may help to take a look at our Wi-Fi troubleshooter as well. If you run into any other trouble, please let us know.

Can you let me know if you get stuck on any of the specific steps above (ex. when the button is supposed to turn teal)? That will help me decide the next best steps to help. Let me know how it goes and i’ll look forward to your response. Thanks!

Thank you - I did this and the glowforge is Waiting for you to connect to Glowforge Wi-Fi…
I go to the computers wifi to connect glowforge and it tells me this “No, internet open”.

on occasion it say’s its connected but when it says to pic the wifi on glowforge set up I do and it never connects…

| Brandon.B Staff
April 8 |

• | - |

Hi @lbg762. I’m sorry to hear that you’ve been running into some trouble with your Glowforge’s connection to your Wi-Fi network. I see that you’ve been getting some great starting points from other users to help address this, and I’ll be happy to join the discussion and get you back up and printing.

@dklgood gave some great advice about trying to power cycle (powering on and off) your router, Glowforge and computer. I’ve included some steps below to help with this process:

1. Power Up: Turn your Glowforge off. Then turn on your Glowforge and wait about 30 seconds.
  2. Start Wi-Fi Setup: Hold down the button on your Glowforge for ten seconds, until it glows with a teal color.
  3. Sign In: Using a Wi-Fi device like your laptop or tablet, go to setup.glowforge.com and sign in.
  4. Connect Your Glowforge to Wi-Fi: Follow the instructions at setup.glowforge.com to connect your Glowforge to Wi-Fi. If you run into trouble along the way, let us know what happened right before the issue arose.

It may help to take a look at our Wi-Fi troubleshooter as well. If you run into any other trouble, please let us know.

Can you let me know if you get stuck on any of the specific steps above (ex. when the button is supposed to turn teal)? That will help me decide the next best steps to help. Let me know how it goes and i’ll look forward to your response. Thanks!

Support is helping you now, so I hope you get up and running soon. I just wanted to share this video with you because it has helped many of us when we are frustrated redoing the wifi. Maybe you will see something in it that helps. Also, make sure your internet is 2.4gHz not 5g.

I have contacted At&T - they have opened all firewall and access paths. All IP addresses have been added by them and it still won’t connect to the internet… HELP.

Still getting a no internet open.

Thank you - I did this and the glowforge is Waiting for you to connect to Glowforge Wi-Fi…
I go to the computers wifi to connect glowforge and it tells me this “No, internet open”.

on occasion it say’s its connected but when it says to pic the wifi on glowforge set up I do and it never connects…

| Brandon.B Staff
April 8 |

• | - |

Given that you are still having trouble, I’d like to have one of our Senior Tech Support Engineers review the issues you’re having with our Glowforge. I’m sending your ticket to that team now, and they will be in touch with you soon.

If anything changes in the meantime, please let us know. Thank you!

thank you, no change - glowforge will not get internet connection. Does the below info help at all?

DevTools failed to load SourceMap: Could not load content for https://storage.cloud.google.com/glowforge-sourcemaps/gf-web/setup-wifi-v1-8d617b27fe51738e0861.js.map: HTTP error: status code 403, net::ERR_HTTP_RESPONSE_CODE_FAILURE…

I see you already emailed us about this @lbg762 and we’re working on it there, so I’m going to close this topic to simplify our communication.