Glowforge shipping date, beta releases, and bonus materials

WARNING: Here there be spoilers.

Bruce Willis was dead the entire time.

Rosebud is the name of the sled.

To Serve Man… It’s a cookbook!

They were on Earth all the while. They, apparently, only traveled through time.

The Watcher. He was The Doctor all along.

And last, but not least,

Darth Vader is Luke’s father.

:wink:

Additional: Oh, that’s neat. Just testing how the Spoiler function works. I dig it!

Additional additional: There really are spoilers above. If you’ve missed every iconic sci-fi event of the past several decades, you should steer your ship around.

13 Likes

Fortunately for you…I was aware of those. :smile:

That’s the thing about spoiler blurs…no one can resist clicking them… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

10 Likes

@fan-of-glowforge, you silly goose…you didn’t have to take that down, I was messing with ya… :wink:

I took a couple of days to read GWTW in second grade.
(First book I remember reading cover to cover in one sitting, and only because my mom was furious with me for bringing it to the table at all meals. ROFL!)

2 Likes

Had to Google what this was! Gone with the Wind for those that are like me…at least that’s what I’m assuming…however, that would be quite the read for a second grader. I remember being in fourth grade and being proud of reading Roald Dahl books like Matilda or BFG!

2 Likes

That’s it. I was just about to turn eight. :slight_smile:

I picked up reading early though - one good habit for parents to get into with their kids if they can spare the time. (And Roald Dahl is a favorite author of mine…still. Never read his children’s books, but i love the twist he puts into his adult books.)

3 Likes

Maybe I should be PM’ing you, but it might be part of my goal to help get this post upwards of 1000! :blush:

I just looked up his adult books as I never knew he had any! Plus he was an ace fighter pilot?! Whaaat? What beast! :bear:

I just added to my Christmas list his book Tales of the Unexpected.

This also made me think of Mr. Rogers and him being a sniper…supposedly…but not liking to spread rumors, I did a little research that shows that he never served in the military! :astonished:

2 Likes

You’re gonna like it! :wink: He’s like a less angry Ellison.

5 Likes

hmmmm…Looks I need to edit the CSS on Stylish so I can see the spoiled text. Smells kinda funny though.

edit: hmmm…and now to make it so the spoiled tag functions…but i can read it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey, now… I am all caught up on SF except for SW. I never emotionally recovered from the three prequels and so haven’t seen the new stuff yet.

3 Likes

Ya gotta… soldier on somehow. Ignore those 3 movies as much as possible. It’s kinda like you have to ignore the second Highlander movie. It never happened. Even the franchise ignored it going forward. With SW, search out… I forget how they called it… There are abridged versions of each. Like half an hour or so. They give you just the “meat” of the movies. I think there’re also “de-JarJar’d” versions.

Oh, and for the true SW fan, be sure to acquire the original trilogy in the Despecialized Versions. They… are… EXCELLENT. There’s also the Silver Screen Edition of IV. It’s a keeper as it’s nothing short of miraculous. But I prefer the Despecialized Version as it includes surround sound.

• Tom
3 Likes

Remember that Episode VII and Rogue one are no longer in the hands of Lucas… so you don’t really have to worry about the “taint” of the prequels. Personally I actually like the prequels. Regardless, both Episode VII and Rogue One blow Episodes 1-3 out of the water in quality, screenplay, cinematography, etc…

11 Likes

Disney is supposed to release theatrical cut original trilogy on Blu Ray at some point.

3 Likes

Hey look at that. I just predicted Lucas’ death date. It happens to be the release date of said blu rays!

3 Likes

What second Highlander movie?

6 Likes

It’s a shame when movies don’t get sequels. Like the matrix movie.

Edit: that was a crazy swipe keyboard mistype.

3 Likes

Still furious about where that one went. :angry:

2 Likes

Me too. Although I was quite fond of The Animatrix (animated short films set in the world of the matrix).

6 Likes

Those were amazing shorts.

3 Likes

After reading this I ended up on the fence, to reply or not.
Happy winter break!

1 Like

I’m also glad they didn’t make a second Matrix, or a third one.

3 Likes