Glowforge shipping tests

8 Likes

those are some people smugglin boxes

3 Likes

First order of business is making them survive drop tests - then weā€™ll see if we can prettify them a bit.

7 Likes

Gosh, I didnā€™t realise the Glowforge was that light. He makes picking it up look so easy!

2 Likes

LIght? Hmm, I wonā€™t be able to lift it (safely) alone. :open_mouth:

10 Likes

Iā€™m with you, Rebecca. Iā€™ve known the weight from the very beginning and will make plans to have someone be here to assist me. (I hope). My husband will be unable to help. I suppose I could just kick it into the house and across a few rooms. After all, they ARE testing it for possible damage, right? :smile:

12 Likes

Interesting. The company we used to test packaging always wanted the final ver. for testing for certification. shrug Really itā€™s about structural integrity not esthetics.

5 Likes

Sorry, I probably should have ended my previous comment with /joke :slight_smile:

Edit: whoops, formatting

5 Likes

What are you doing with the units you drop? Sending them out!? :slight_smile:

3 Likes

More stress testing :imp:

26 Likes

Top Ten Reply goes to @joe!

4 Likes

An acquaintance of mine tests packaging using a large vibration table. He says itā€™s both educational and hilarious watching things shake apart.
Itā€™s amazing how some internal componentā€™s mass can shake loose and pinball internally without leaving any external suggestions of the sad state within.
And, thereā€™s this classic, enjoy:

17 Likes

Reminds me of a washer we had when rooming with some friends. Every time it kicked into high speed spin it would shake the trailer. Someone would always say in their best Mr Scott voice, ā€œIf we keep this up captain sheā€™ll fly apart.ā€

The previous tenants had issues with the heater not lightingā€¦ one of them attempted to re-light it & got blown into the wall, which separated from the floor, which we discovered because of the washer.

8 Likes

This was first-pass. We have more tests ahead.

5 Likes

Another one!
GO TO BED DAN, we need you rested and alert.

2 Likes

That was incredible. I was mesmerized by the front panel staying attached as long as it did. Iā€™ve got to share this

5 Likes

Takes a licking but keeps on ticking!

Canā€™t I just shine a laser light near my door and have it air dropped with precision?

14 Likes

Thatā€™s cruel.

5 Likes