Glowforge Shows Offline & Can't get it to connect even after restarting setup

So I noticed yesterday that I wasn’t able to connect my glowforge. Which usually when it shows offline I just either log out and log back in, turn the glowforge on and off, then open and close the lid. This usually connects the glowforge… I’m on day two after letting it sit overnight hoping it was an update or something. I’ve tried going through the setup a few times but it won’t connect and usually get error page. Has anyone experienced this? I’m hoping It’s an easy fix because my business pretty much relies on this awesome laser.

Usually when that happens there are local wifi issues

You shouldn’t have to go though the setup again unless you’ve changed your WiFi name/password

That being said, it’s still probably WiFi related - the best suggestion is to turn everything off (including router & modem) then plug them back in starting at the outside/wall and waiting for each to fully boot up before moving to the next one

Also verify if your router has both a 2.5 & 5 channel that it’s on the 2.5 (the Forge won’t use the 5)

1 Like

Ok I will do that. I did restart my router a couple days ago so maybe this could be related? Thanks guys I will get back with an update!

So I reset everything like you said and it’s working! Thanks guys truly appreciate the quick response on this! Check out my stuff at Ridgeandanchor.com

2 Likes

I’m glad you got it resolved @kryan223! I’m going to close this thread for now. If you run into any other trouble, feel free to start a new topic or email us at support@glowforge.com. We’ll be happy to help!