Glowforge shuts off sporadically

I’ve been using my glow forge off and on depending on the jobs I need to do. However, I thought initially what I was experiencing was a fluke, but so far the last 4 times I used my glow forge, I notice that the glow forge was offline before I even start using it. The power is tapped to the on position, but the entire units is shut off. Flipping the switch fast doesn’t help. Flipping to off and wait 15 seconds or so will allow the glow forge turn back on. Typically, I’m able to do a print from here.

However, sometimes if I’m working on a new print to load, I notice the glow forge to be off again. Normally, it typically happens upon first turn on, but it’s starting to be between prints.

I hope someone can shed light on this issue. It’s a shame that I only had one big job on it for my wedding and a few small short jobs the I’m experiencing this issue.

Thanks in advance!

It goes into “sleep” mode when it’s been idle for a certain amount of time. It should wake up when you open the lid or send a new print. Have you tried doing that without power cycling first?

It’s definitely not in sleep mode. Lifting up the lid does nothing. The only way to revive the glowforge is to flip the switch and wait about 15 seconds and flipping it back on.

It shutting down in between jobs is one thing but it also does shut within minutes of first turn on.

1 Like

Unfortunately, it looks like your unit is experiencing an issue that we can’t resolve remotely. I want you to have a reliable unit, so I’m recommending we replace this one. I’ll be in touch via email to sort out the details. I’m so sorry about the bad news.