Glowforge skips mid engraving!

for some reason my glowforge keeps skipping mid engraving causing the image to misalign… its happened a couple times before. I thought it was maybe some kind of material/dust on the track so I cleaned the machine just like the instructions say so… but it keeps happening. nothing is sticking up to maybe hit the head either.

There has been a few cases where using higher speeds have caused the belts that were marginally tight enough to skip a notch and need to be tightened.

2 Likes

What speed were you using?

Likely a belt skip, as stated above.

There are very few use cases where speeds that high are actually beneficial.

1 Like

thanks

I’m so sorry for the delay! To help us pinpoint the cause, could you please do the following?:

1. Turn off your Glowforge, then turn it back on
  2. We included an extra piece of Proofgrade Draftboard with your materials shipment for troubleshooting. Place Proofgrade Draftboard in the bed and load the Gift of Good Measure design.
  3. Print the Gift of Good measure using the default settings. Allow the print to finish.
  4. When the print finishes, leave the lid closed and wait until the fans stop and the picture of the bed updates.

If you see the same issue occur on the test print, please post a photo here. If it prints well, let us know and we’ll follow up with further guidance.

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.