Glowforge Specific Fusion 360 Training - Start of Live Webinar Series

Yes! Well worth the time and the recording (when posted) would make a great addition to the Matrix. Thank you @Secret_Sauce!:squee:

Awesome job! (And a lot of material coveredā€¦I picked up half a dozen tricks.) :grinning:

1 Like

Now that I have a basic understanding, I will play with F360 for a week before the next seminar. Thanks @Secret_Sauce.

I missed the first few minutes, Jason. Do you have the link up yet to watch again?

That was great @Secret_Sauce! Thanks very much for doing that! I was ā€˜comfortableā€™ with F360, but thereā€™s always some great GUI tidbits and details to be learned that comes out of these sorts of things, which I found really helpful!

People should definitely re-watch #1 and attend #2, IMO

1 Like

Really good job Jason. Youā€™re well suited to doing these. Really well done! Definitely will add the recordings of all of these to my library of bookmarks & saved places :slight_smile:

Whatā€™s the over/under on how many laser cut antelope heads there will be in GF homes around the country before Christmas? :smile:

3 Likes

Iā€™m making big rocks into little rocks but very much looking forward to seeing the recording.

2 Likes

Iā€™d also like to link them in the Matrix as you get them loaded up. :grinning:

One question - at one point during the joining of the webinar, I think I got asked for my participant ID - wasnā€™t sure I had oneā€¦where does one find that information? Is it the webinar ID, or did I miss something in the email?

Iā€™ve been catching up on a few lapse days of forums (omg, hundreds of posts just for missing 3-4 days)ā€¦

Iā€™m going to say that based on The Reindeer SVGs that have been posted, probably N attendees + 200. :rofl:

1 Like

Iā€™ve got 3 dozen reindeer of various & sundry sizes and poses (including Rudolph) scattered around the house and got a request from one of my wifeā€™s co-workers to make 100 more. ('tis the season and they own a Christmas Tree farm)

I figure the antelope will get a lot of initial replications but then are going to be transmogrified into all manner of other animals until someone comes up with a mounted hedgie and then someoneā€™s going to get hurt :smile:

4 Likes

I hit that dialog when the meeting plugin was being installed. I closed it and went back to the meeting link that was emailed to me and it plopped me right into the meeting with no other input.

Did someone say ā€œhedgie?ā€

8 Likes

Sweeet! Did you make that little fellow in F360? :grinning:

2 Likes

Sort of. Grabbed an stl from Thingiverse and rand it through Slicer for F360. :wink:

3 Likes

Chuckle! I might have 3D printed his brotherā€¦Iā€™ll never find the photo though. :grin:

1 Like

Hello Everyone!

Webinar #1 was a huge success.
If you attended live, I very much hope you enjoyed it and learned a ton.
If you didnā€™t attend live, here is a link so you can still watch it.
Fusion 360 for Glowforge Users - Webinar #1

Warmly,

Jason

13 Likes

Itā€™s asking for a password Jason.

1 Like

@Secret_Sauce Jason, it is asking for a Username & Password to access the WEbinarā€¦ where do we obtain that information?

I was able to watch the first half but had to hop off for a work call, but from what I did see you did a great job and am very much looking forward to the entire series.

Thanks again for doing this, it is super helpful for the Fusion 360 Noobs like myself!

Alex

1 Like

Sorry everyone for the bad link.
I fixed it by uploading to Youtube.
I fixed the links above.
Note: needs about 5 min to finish processing.

Jason

3 Likes

Hmmm. Video removed because it is too long error.

1 Like

Your killing me smalls.

2 Likes

Everyone,

Iā€™m so sorry about how much a pain it has been to get to the recorded webinar.
Iā€™ll figure it outā€¦

Iā€™ll do my best to get it up asap so you can watch it before Mondayā€™s live webinar #2

Jason

2 Likes