Glowforge Specific Fusion 360 Training

This clearly illustrates that different peoples brains work differently. I know you well enough and have seen enough of your work to know that it is not a lack of intelligence or ability, it is simply something that doesn’t “click” easy for you. I am glad that at least you have gotten through to a working box. I need to do some next steps at some point as it seems that written tutorials work better for some people than videos.
At SOME point I’d also love to figure out how to work live, remotely with people!

2 Likes

This, so much. I don’t think it exists straight to SVG but there might be a way to do it to PDF.

2 Likes

If I can do it to PDF, that works for me. I can import the PDF into inkscape and translate it to SVG if I need to.

1 Like

I’ve been there and feel the same way. When I finally settled with OnShape and completed a project, I spent pretty much Friday after work till Monday night, except for services, banging away at the project until I got it working. I still don’t have the join constraints for assembling parts figured out though but That’s not as important as being able to do a single part like the carriage wheels. I haven’t given up on Fusion360, especially as the slicing features will be good. This looks like a great opportunity to learn laser specific uses.

Thanks @Secret_Sauce

6 Likes

That would be so great!! :star_struck: Thanks so much for this generous offer! I worked in Illustrator about. . . 10 years ago (wow, time flies) but that was at work and I don’t have it at home. Complete newbie to Inkscape and F360 so I really appreciate the tutorial offer!

Did this webinar ever happen?

@happygreens7, I made 5 videos so far. Here is a link to the first: https://youtu.be/3oJIlU4H1as

5 Likes

Direct use of Fusion 360 in ubuntu 14.04 ?
I suspect not.
I’d like to be wrong, but the last time I looked it required a VM to run it in, and sorry, that’s not what I mean by direct use.

John :upside_down_face:

@johnbrooker,
Could you please elaborate? Sadly, I have no idea what you are talking about in your post. I would love to know what you were referring to.

Of course I may be wrong, but the last time I looked, there was no version of Fusion 360 that I could download, that would run in Ubuntu 14.04, my present operating system.
Although I’ve not had any success in the past with running a VB in my laptop, (trid to run Corel suite in Wine) I thought I should try again.
So I tried last night to download VirtualBox onto my laptop, which though a 32 bit system, does have a 64 bit processor, and that seemed to install OK.
I then went to the Fusion website to download the hobbyist version, and it said No, your computer does not support Fusion, or words to that effect.
I’ve tried several times before, by different routes, but the end result has always been the same.
I hope that clarifies things a bit.

@johnbrooker, thank you for clarifying.
Fusion 360 is compatible with Windows and also Mac OS. It is one of very few CAD softwares that work on both operating systems. It is not compatible with Linux or Ubuntu I’m afraid. I recommend trying Cloud PC. I use it myself and it runs Fusion 360 great!

2 Likes

I guess the clue is in the name, so thanks for the tip.
When the dust has settled here in UK, and I’m home in Corinth, I’ll give it a try.

Which Cloud PC are you using? There are several cloud PC desktops(DaaS) offerings that show up on Google from several different companies.

GIMP

Also, I think some people are using Silhouette Studio for vectors. I use it quite a bit along with Inkscape.

2 Likes

@jamesdhatch, my Cloud PC is hosted by Citrix.

Thanks.

New video posted today about how to send files DIRECTLY from Fusion 360 to the Glowforge UI using @gareth 's Colorific Post Processor.
Glowforge Colorific Post Processor for Fusion 360 - Everything You Need to Know!

Cheers,
Jason

9 Likes

Thanks Jason, I linked your tutorial in the Matrix so folks can find it. :grinning:

2 Likes