Glowforge stop in the middle of print

So every time I try to print anything with an SVG Mr burns will engrave perfectly fine, score perfectly fine but when it comes to cutting it will work and then stop in the middle of the print. I don’t get any sort of error message or anything the head just stops and the counter continues to go
Until the print is Over. I don’t understand why I have not had any luck with any unit that I’ve
Had on 3rd unit. Is anyone else having these problems?

Sounds like a combination of things. Not getting a message on the dashboard tells me that you might have a weak or comprimised wifi connection from the machine back to the router. You can eliminate this as a possible issue by connecting your machine to your phones mobile hotspot and resting it on the machine to test. The stopping while cutting sounds like your machine is overheating and going into a cooldown but because of the possible wifi issue I mentioned it is not able to send that info back to update the dashboard so the counter just continues. How warm is it in the room next to the right side of the machine? What model of machine do you own?

@armincey17 I’m so sorry to hear that your Glowforge is engraving and scoring but not cutting.

Can you please post the file you are trying to print?

Also if you have the date and time of the print I would like to pull and review the logs.

@armincey17 We haven’t received a response in a couple of days. If you are still having issues please let us know and we will be more than happy to assist you.

Yes we are still
Having issues it’s not working

We would be happy to take a look at the issue.

Can you please tell me the date and time of the prints you are running into this issue with?

My last cut did it.

Hello @armincey17 - Thanks for reaching out and letting us know.

I extracted some data from your printer, and the first thing I’d like to recommend is giving the lid camera for your printer a good cleaning.

I wanted to make sure I understood this issue clearly. When the printer arm and head stops printing, it sounds like it stops printing entirely. Does it return itself to the starting position or just stay paused in the middle of the printer bed until you reboot?

Hi @armincey17. It’s been a couple days since Mike’s response and I wanted to check in with you to see if you’re still running into trouble. Feel free to try the lid camera cleaning, and any other information from Mike’s question. We’ll be happy to help. Thank you!

I responded and said my last cut stopped in the middle and did the same thing.

Hi @armincey17. Thanks for getting back to us, and saw your response before Mike’s last post. To get you the best next steps to troubleshoot this, can you let us know a little more about the trouble encountered? I’ve included Mike’s questions to help us isolate the cause and get the best fix for a resolution.

Also, to gather updated data on this, can you try running a simple test print, and allow it to run through until it completes and the print bed image refreshes in the Glowforge app? If the print fails, can you let us know any specific point of failure, or any error messages if that occurs? I’ll look forward to any results and information. Thank you.

There is no error code or anything like that. It continues running as if the glowforge doesn’t know that the head is no longer moving. The timer online continues to countdown. But it never returns to home.

Thank you for posting these additional details!

I’d like to make sure we gather as much information as possible. When you have a moment, can you try running a simple test print, and allow it to run through until it completes and the print bed image refreshes in the Glowforge app? If the print fails, can you let us know any specific point of failure, or any error messages if that occurs?

Let us know how it goes! We’ll extract the log files from the test print, and send over the next best steps.

I will record the glowforge from start up to failure and send to you.

Thank you for the following up and letting us know. We’ll look forward to any results and continue to troubleshoot from there. Much appreciated.

I tried to turn my glowforge on and there is no power at all now

I’m so sorry to hear that you are running into trouble powering your Glowforge on, while attempting to perform some additional tests.

Your Glowforge should be plugged directly into a grounded wall outlet that meets local building codes. If you haven’t already, please do the following:

1. Unplug your Glowforge from the wall
  2. Plug another device directly into the same outlet and see if it works
  3. If the device does not work, have an electrician investigate. It may be a blown fuse, a broken outlet, or something else
  4. If the outlet works, unplug the other end of the cord from the Glowforge unit itself
  5. Inspect both ends of the power cord; if you notice any damage, try another power cord
  6. Plug in the end of the power cord that goes to the Glowforge, making sure it is inserted all the way in
  7. Plug the other end of the power cord into the outlet, making sure it is inserted all the way in
  8. If your Glowforge still won’t power on, try another outlet

Let me know what you find!

Outlet and everything are good even tried a different power wire no power at all.

Hi @armincey17. Thank you for the quick follow up after checking Marc’s suggestions and steps to resolve the issue with your Glowforge not powering on. I’d like to go ahead and move to this email to follow up with the next steps to resolve this. I have sent you an email. When you have a moment, can you confirm you have received it by replying to my email, or confirming it in a response in this thread. Once confirmed I can close the thread to continue the discussion through email, but will leave this open until you have gotten back to us.

Hi @armincey17. I received your response to my earlier email, so I’ll go ahead and close this thread to avoid any miscommunication or confusion. I’ll be in touch through email soon. Thank you.