Glowforge Stops, with error: Print Stopped, Unable to Complete

My first 2 prints both yesterday and today went fine but both times afterwards every time it spins up when you hit the big print button and then stops with that error.

Any ideas?

Need more info! Does the Glowforge button change color? And are you using magnets to hold the work would be first up.

1 Like

mine is doing the same thingā€¦
no magnets

button glows orange and app states print stopped unable to complete the print.

if its one thing its another I just got this dumb lid cable swapped now this trash hate this machine. Now to wait days to hear back from support

2 Likes

Youā€™re probably overheating. Whatā€™s the temp in your room?

Support wonā€™t respond to this, though ā€“ you either have to email them or start your own topic here in P&S. Both of those open support tickets, so donā€™t do both ā€“ that slows things down. Oh ā€“ thereā€™s also a chat option on the support page.

And honestly, trash talking the company and machine really doesnā€™t serve any good purposeā€¦

If Iā€™m overheating with a fan in the room and the temp in low 70s thatā€™s a problem second I have a pro which is suppose to have better cooling.
Honestly Ive run out of being nice when the company support is lacking.

I have emailed them for support I am not new to this. Thanks

1 Like

and just like that the machine is running againā€¦

My big issue with the glow forge set up is as a user we have no idea why something failed there is no clear log to follow or number we can pull to compare to a list that shows what the issue is. That is a huge problem. If support gave us that we could at least narrow down with minimal downtime what the issue is.

1 Like

Iā€™m so sorry you hit a snag. Iā€™ve extracted the logs from your Glowforge and it looks like when you posted your unit was too warm to start a print. When this happens, you can do the following to help your unit cool down so you can print:

• Go to https://app.glowforge.com/maintenance/fan and click through the prompts until you get to the ā€˜Start Fanā€™ page.
  • Click the ā€˜Start Fanā€™ button and allow the fans to run for 5 minutes.
  • You do not need to follow the rest of the ā€œFan Cleaningā€ instructions to move the Glowforge outside or use degreaser.
  • Click ā€˜Finishā€™ to exit fan cleaning mode
  • Try your print again

Iā€™m going to share this with the engineering team to let them know that this is a problem. In the mean time, to prevent it in the future, you can try the following:

• Operate the Glowforge in a cooler room (recommended ambient temperatures are on the tech specs page)
  • Leave your Glowforge on with the lid open to circulate coolant (note that this may allow odors from the crumb tray to enter the room)

If you run into any other trouble please start a new thread or reach out to us at support@glowforge.com

1 Like