Glowforge stuck on "calibrate the print head"

Hi all!
Just set up my Glowforge today, and I’m really excited! However, I’m having some issues with calibration. It seems my machine is stuck on the “calibrate the print head” step.
Here’s what happens:

1. I turn on the power, and the LEDs light up, and I hear the exhaust fan (?) turn on.
  2. I hear some faint clicking from the front of the machine. Series of three clicks from the front left, then front right, then back and forth a few times.
  3. I hear a different whirring sound, and the blue button lights up briefly.
  4. And then back to the same whirring sound. It just sits there now, and says “calibrating the head of your Glowforge.”

I’ve already tried turning the machine off, re-positioning the print head under the camera, and turning it back on, but that doesn’t help.

Also, I’m not sure if this is related, but it appears that my machine is not square. The lid on the right side doesn’t mate up properly. It looks like it’s hitting the sensors on the machine, however, because it doesn’t say that the lid is open :-/

Thanks!

6 Likes

The case might not be square if the surface it is standing on isn’t flat. You could try putting something under the front right part of the foot to raise it a few mm.

I doubt it will fix the calibration issue though. If you have a bright light above the machine try covering the lid.

I see you already emailed us about this and we’re working on it there, so I’m going to close this topic.